Author Topic: How to automatically publish files once uploaded  (Read 2048 times)

gfiremark

How to automatically publish files once uploaded
« on: October 20, 2014, 04:12:15 pm »
Hi All,

I'm sure this is a very easy thing, but I'm stumped.

I've created an awesome workflow that makes my podcast publishing so easy... but an issue at blubrry is slowing me down.

Here's what I do:

1.  Record Episode
2.  Place WAV file in dropbox/app/auphonic
3.  Trigger Auphonic to grab the file,  post-process the episode, add metadata, etc.... And upload to blubrry

<here is where the holdup occurs>

4.  Create Blog post, and incorporate the audio file as enclosure using PowerPress plugin.
5.  Publish post. (usually a few hours later, using the scheduled post feature)

The Holdup is this:  Once Auphonic delivers the mp3 file to blubrry, (which usually takes a bit of time) the file sits in the "unpublished" state until I log in and "publish" it.  So, when I create that blog post, and set up the podcast episode in PowerPress, I get an error message that the file can't be located.

So, I can do everything else in a few short minutes, then go about my day... But then I have to remember to log in to blubrry and publish before the blog post goes live. 

It's a minor annoyance, but I used to be able to do all of this using Libsyn without this holdup.

Any suggestions?

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
Re: How to automatically publish files once uploaded
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 07:08:07 pm »
Normally, the file you upload stays in unpublished until you publish your blog post.

Do you have your blubrry.com login / password in the services and stats area?  If not, In your wordpress dashboard, go to 'PowerPress Settings', navigate to "Services and Stats", then click the button "Click here to configure Blubrry Statistics and Hosting Services." Enter your account email, password and, if prompted, select the appropriate program from the list. For detailed instructions, visit the Blubrry Services and Statistics help page (link: http://create.blubrry.com/resources/powerpress/powerpress-settings/services-stats/).

-Mike