Author Topic: Scheduled podcasts show up in web blog but are not available to podcatching prog  (Read 563 times)

ptorpey

I am using the Blubrry Powerpress plugin with Wordpress to host an audio podcast at:

www.EyesOnSuccess.net/eos_podcast

Each week I schedule the podcast to post at a particular time.

After the scheduled time, I can go to the web page and the post is there.  However, if I check to see if the podcast is available on my iPhone or using the Juice podcatcher on my PC, the podcast does not show up.  However, if I then go to my Wordpress admin page and "Update" the post, suddenly my iPhone and Juice program will show the podcast as available and I can listen to it.

One thing I am doing a bit differently than what is "normal" here (although it should be allowed) is that I am not entering a media URL into the media URL field when originally posting the podcast.  Rather, I have a link to an audio file within my blog post.  I did not find a way of eliminating the "Media URL" field in the Blubrry settings since this seems to be permantly ""checked" by default.  On the other hand, the Blubrry documentation seems to indicate that I can put a link to an audio file within my blog post and that will suffice for making this a podcast.

Anyway, it is frustrating that I must manually "Update" the post after each scheduled post time has passed in order for podcatchers to be able to see the scheduled post.  This sort of defeats the purpose of scheduling the post.

Any advice is appreciated.

thanks.

--Pete