Author Topic: Can hosting be moved from one blog to another?  (Read 1174 times)

Anise

Can hosting be moved from one blog to another?
« on: October 01, 2014, 11:48:00 pm »
Hey all,

So I'm adding podcasting to my sister's senate website, and she'll be doing some podcasts over the next month and a half or so... but after that, the election's over. We've talked about it, and she wants to keep doing podcasts after that. The only thing is that they'll be on different topics, and they'd be part of a different website (both WP, though.) here's the question. If I get blubrry podcast hosting, can I eventually move it from one site to another (different domain names)? It wouldn't be used on the old site anymore-- it would be a complete transfer, but still for only ONE podcast on ONE blog. Just a different podcast and a different blog. Would that work?

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
Re: Can hosting be moved from one blog to another?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 03:13:11 pm »
Yes, that can be done.

The only thing is, the program keyword that you use for the first show will be the one for the second show in the blubrry.com system.  Either that, or you would have to cancel the hosting on the first account and start a new one for the new podcast.

-Mike

Anise

Re: Can hosting be moved from one blog to another?
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 10:18:10 pm »
Thanks! We chose a flexible name that can be used for anything (rather than christinaforsenate, or something similar.) So I think it'll work.