Author Topic: Can't get Powerpress to display in post  (Read 12596 times)

inoculatedmind

Re: Can't get Powerpress to display in post
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2009, 09:28:33 am »
Just to let you know, I did some more fiddling, I changed the define priority within the powerpress.php to the same number, then I tried changing it to 999. Still won't work. Currently, I have the audioplayer2 plugin installed, and it displays on the posts. I'll be relaunching my podcast in a week, so I would (hopefully) like to figure this bug out before then, if not, I'll use the other player in the meantime. But I really like the 'play in new window' feature and would like listeners to be able to select it from the individual posts. Any help is appreciated!

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2009, 10:22:58 am »
What is the theme that you are using? Please provide a link to the theme so we can test.

inoculatedmind

« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2009, 10:38:05 am »
The theme I am using is Theme Hybrid. http://themehybrid.com/ It works by having "Child Themes" that the user designs through css files, but all child themes use the same theme code. (As I mentioned before, I tried out the base hybrid theme, as well as "hybrid news" which is a pre-modified child theme - same result)

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2009, 10:54:31 am »
Everyone complains about the Hybrid theme. I'm not sure what to tell you, the theme is modifying the content, removing what PowerPress adds.

One thing to double check, go into your PowerPress Appearance settings and make sure "Display player / links in excerpts" is checked.

If everyone using the Hybrid theme can contact the developer, tell the developer to email me: cio [at] rawvoice.(dot).com. I've tried contacting them once before with no response. I suspect users need to put the pressure on them before they are willing to spend time to work with me to figure out the problem.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2009, 07:52:14 pm »
It appears the problem with the hybrid theme has to do with how it obtains the excerpt value when adding the meta information to the HTML headers of your blog. The following code fix is for the Hybrid theme's code.

On line 185 of the library/functions/framework.php replace:
Code: [Select]
$meta_desc = get_the_excerpt();

with:
Code: [Select]
$meta_desc = $post->post_excerpt;

The Hybrid Developer is implying that plugin developers are at fault for this bug, but the documentation at WordPress.org clearly states that the use of the_excerpt() is to be called within the post page loop only. On a single post page the get_excerpt() function shouldn't even be called, but from my debugging of the Hybrid theme it is being called a number of times depending on the options you set in your Hybrid Settings. Never the less, the bug is fixed by changing the hybrids source code as mentioned above. I've sent the code change to the Hybrid developer, lets hope he adds it rather than blame the plugins.

Alternative
The other fix is to uncheck the option titled "Use the excerpt on single posts for your meta description?" under the "Meta Settings" in the Hybrid Settings page.

A future version of PowerPress will include a define option you can add to your wp-config.php to deal with the Hybird theme in the event the developer does not implement the code fix above.

CipSmofe

Cant get Powerpress to display in post
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2009, 09:10:41 am »
just like the subject says i cant get into the anime section. i click on the link and it just says tht it cant display the webpage. how do i get in?

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2009, 11:08:19 pm »
CipSmofe: Are you using the Hybird theme or are you using a different theme?

Russell Abravanel

« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2009, 12:20:03 pm »
How can I get this started if I have tried all these suggestions?
Russell Abravanel

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2009, 02:07:15 pm »
Are you using a Hybrid based theme? If so, please use the Hybrid Theme Bugfix plugin: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/hybrid-bugfix/

If you are using some other theme, please reply with the name of the them along with a URL where we can download it for testing.