Author Topic: Can't get Powerpress to display in post  (Read 12596 times)

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Re: Can't get Powerpress to display in post
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2009, 05:10:22 pm »
Okay, that is the problem. Custom Feed episodes are intended for the feeds, not the blog pages. If you want media associated with the blog pages, it needs to be added as the default podcast episode. We did this to eliminate confusion, because if you had 2-3 different feeds with 3 different formats it would be confusing to the user vising your web site which media file to click play or download.

I know what you're going to ask and yes such a feature is on the TODO list. The feature will most likely co-inside with a new web player.

tylerhauser

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2009, 06:33:24 pm »
Hey hey, that's fine by me. I get it now, so really that's all that matters. :D Thanks for getting back to me.

I gotta ask though, do you happen to have any ideas on how to overcome the conflict with Shadowbox? Any help would be extremely appreciated.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2009, 12:08:10 am »
I've added testing the ShadowBox plugin with PowerPress to the TODO list. We have 2 other plugins that are on our testing TODO list so I'm not sure when I'll be able to take a look at ShadowBox with PowerPress.

tylerhauser

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2009, 02:57:15 am »
That's so awesome. Thank you very, very much. Your help is greatly appreciated.  ;D

konsul3

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2009, 04:02:18 am »
Ok I am still in trouble. I have tried everything. I am using http://www.darrenhoyt.com/2007/08/05/wordpress-magazine-theme-released/ theme.
I used to have podpress but since i did the latest upgrade on wordpress, it stopped to work and i installed blubrry. Now i edited my old post where the podcast player used to be displayed and added the media url via powerpress. But it just does not show the player on the post. Any ideas what i have missed?

konsul3

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2009, 05:14:32 am »
I solved this. It was a problem with the Mimbo theme. Credits go to "skip", who explains the solution here: http://www.darrenhoyt.com/support/topic/podpress-player-not-showing

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2009, 10:12:18 am »
Sounds like you figured out the problem.  :)

tylerhauser

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2009, 06:21:21 pm »
I have excellent news. Shadowbox has recently been updated to version 2.0.4 and suddenly the Powerpress player shows up in my posts again! Yay! Just letting everyone know.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2009, 11:30:25 pm »
Okay cool. I'm still going to test it eventually, it would be great if we could test compatibility with all the plugins available but it's impossible. WordPress surpassed 4,000 plugins a few weeks ago.

tylerhauser

« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2009, 11:42:14 pm »
Geez. Yeah, it's clearly an impossible task. Which is neat when you said you guys would test Shadowbox with the Powerpress plugin. I appreciate the effort that goes into this stuff. Keep it up.  :D

inoculatedmind

« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2009, 01:14:27 am »
I am having the same problem with getting my player to show up in my posts. Coincidentally, I also use the Hybrid theme. My site is at http://www.inoculatedmedia.com, and I am using wordpress 2.8. I tried the define function in my config.php file, and there was no change. Any advice?
Thanks.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2009, 11:33:20 am »
The define in this thread is for improving the player loading on the pages. There is another define to override the content processing of PowerPress with the hybrid themes.

Code: [Select]
define('POWERPRESS_CONTENT_ACTION_PRIORITY', 111 );

Essentially what is happening is the hybrid theme is taking the content and modifying it. When it modifies the content it removes the PowerPress player. The define above basically tells PowerPress to filter the content with a higher priority than the Hybrid theme is using.

Make sure the following define is above the require_once line found near the bottom of the wp-config.php, otherwise the setting will not be applied.

inoculatedmind

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2009, 01:48:04 pm »
Angelo, Thanks for responding so soon. I tried the define you gave me in the wp-config.php file in my root directory, with no luck. I tried moving it around to different places in the file and playing with the priority number and it still didn't work. I tested it out in other themes and it did work. There seems to be something going on that is specific to this theme. Any more ideas?
Thanks!

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2009, 02:08:59 pm »
What theme is it that you are using? Can you include a link to the theme's web site?

inoculatedmind

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2009, 02:29:54 pm »
I am using the hybrid theme - just like one of the previous people who posted here. I have a modified version, but the only modification is in the css files to affect the layout. I tried it out in the base hybrid theme and hybrid news - other standard releases of hybrid and it did not work in those.
http://themehybrid.com/