Author Topic: Can't get Powerpress to display in post  (Read 12596 times)

WaffleSlayer

Can't get Powerpress to display in post
« on: February 28, 2009, 06:18:32 am »
Everything seems to be setup correctly. I can go into a post and see the options to add an episode at the bottom. But it doesn't display on the post.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Re: Can't get Powerpress to display in post
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 10:33:39 am »
Your theme may be displaying excerpts rather than the whole content. If that is the case, please select the option "include in excerpts".

WaffleSlayer

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 10:46:18 pm »
Sorry I wasn't able to check this since my work and personal life has been busy.

I went to go turn this on but I had already selected it.

I have the latest powerpress and wp 2.7.1 installed.

All the settings seem right.

Display Player: Above + excerpts
Player Function: On Page + new window

I've also installed the Audio 2.0 thing and I can use the [audio] thing so display a song but I'd rather have this work.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 12:42:59 am »
It may be a problem with your them. Did you get your theme from wordpress.org? If so, what is it called and please provide a link to it if possible.

WaffleSlayer

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 10:12:49 am »

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 01:45:42 pm »
I tested this theme and was able to get the player to appear with the settings you mentioned above. Do you even see the links "Podcast: Play in new window  | Download"? What other plugins do you have installed in your blog? Did you try disabling all the other plugins to see if one of them may be causing the problem? Also, if you do see the links but not the player, it may be that the flash file was uploaded as an ascii file rather than as a binary file.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2009, 02:22:17 pm »
I take that back. I did one more teset using these extended fields that the plugin provides and discovered that this plugin is causing the problem if you fill out the "Hybrid Settings" fields. Looking at the source code they are filtering 'the_content' and 'the_excerpt' after Powerpress does, essentially removing the player code. I would simply not use the theme and you should be all set. This is a very strange theme that I would predict doesn't play well with a lot of plugins.

WaffleSlayer

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2009, 08:42:24 pm »
Well I simply cannot just throw away a theme I've worked on for 2 weeks haha. Can you be more specific as to why the theme is messing this up? The author of the theme is an amazing coder and is very open to all kinds of support. So I'd be able to contact him on the support forums and he could provide me a solution if he knew what to do.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2009, 12:03:13 am »
Tell the developer he is handling the actions of the_content and the_excerpt after Powerpress does and this is removing the player that Powerpress adds to the post. He can refer to the following functions in his code:

add_action('the_content', '...');
add_action('the_excerpt', '...');

I may add defines that you can add to your code for setting the level for when these functions apply, but I don't want to change this for everyone as it may cause other problems for other plugins.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2009, 01:43:38 pm »
The next version of Powerpress (0.7.1) which should be released sometime today will include a workaround for this theme. You will need to add the following line to your wp-config.php file.

define('POWERPRESS_CONTENT_ACTION_PRIORITY', 13 );

Hybrid theme system is filtering content with a priority of 11, which means that the player added to the post gets removed by the theme. The value 13 is necessary, if you change it to 12 or lower the player will not appear becuase your theme removes it.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 03:45:42 pm by angelo »

tylerhauser

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2009, 05:42:22 pm »
Hello,

So I upgraded to PowerPress 0.7.1 and now my player and links no longer display below my posts. I've gone in and made sure that the option to have the player display below (or above) the post was set yet it doesn't display, regardless of which option I choose. The theme I'm using is my own and I'm using

Code: [Select]
<?php the_content(); ?>
to present my post content, so the definitions mentioned above shouldn't make a difference (though I tried with no success anyways). I also tried checking the "Display player / links in excerpts (e.g. search results)" option as well, but with no luck.

Here's a post for one of my episodes that the player should show up in.

Can anyone provide some insight?

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2009, 05:58:10 pm »
The new 0.7.x version of PowerPress now uses the onload feature in the html so the pages load faster. It may be that you have a plugin that is overwriting the onload function that PowerPress adds. To revert PowerPress to the previous way it added the players to the pages, add the following line in your wp-config.php file:

define('POWERPRESS_USE_ONLOAD', false);

Make sure this define is added on a new line before the line that looks like this:

require_once(ABSPATH.'wp-settings.php');

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2009, 06:43:55 pm »
BTW, please let me know if this fixes the problem.

tylerhauser

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2009, 08:43:55 pm »
Thanks for your idea, angelo, but I'm afraid it did not appear to work. I'll have to figure out which plugin of mine is screwing it up. When I do, I'll be sure to post that too.

Thanks!

tylerhauser

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2009, 04:19:46 pm »
OK, things just got interesting. It turns out there was both a plugin conflict AND something else going on.

Firstly, the plugin conflict appears to be with Shadowbox JS. I've tried messing around with its options to see if there was something I could do to remedy the situation that way. From what I can tell, there's no setting I can change to fix it. The plugin prevents the actual flash player from showing up, but the info still shows up ( Podcast: Play in new window  | Download (Duration: 12:06 — 11.1MB) ). I still implemented the following code in my wp-config.php file to see if it'd help.

Code: [Select]
define('POWERPRESS_USE_ONLOAD', false);
It didn't work. Is there some other work around that can prevent this conflict?

The other problem that prevented ANYTHING from showing up (player and podcast info) was my use of the Custom Feeds. I set up a custom feed to replace the main feed so I could change the podcast title. When I set up the custom feed, the feed itself looked and worked fine (there were download links and everything), but absolutely nothing showed up in my posts for each episode. I'm not sure what I would've done wrong.

For now, I'm just including a media URL for both the default feed and my custom feed (to keep my custom podcast title). Is there something I can do to fix that?

Thanks!