Author Topic: Disabling the mp3 player from showing on Home Page after “Insert Read More Tag”  (Read 1377 times)

podquestion

How do I disable the mp3 player from showing after the “Insert Read More Tag” on the main page of my website but keep displaying at the bottom of the post page?

Example: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ra2i4eeefsjfgbr/Screenshot%202014-09-22%2012.02.36.png?dl=0

I don’t want it displaying on the home page.

It's displaying at the bottom of the post. That is where I want it to display.

The page in question: http://film-book.com/gotham-citys-podcast-the-gotham-podcast-s1e0-preview/

I looked and can not find an exact option for that. Its either appears in posts & pages or no appearance in posts and pages.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Is the "Insert read more tag" the one that inserts the WordPress <!-- more --> comment tag, or is this from a custom plugin?

podquestion

The "Insert read more tag" is the one that inserts the WordPress <!-- more --> comment tag. Correct.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Okay, next question...

The theme pages in question, are they using the the_content() function with the first parameter something like 'read more', e.g.

Code: [Select]
the_content('read more...');

podquestion

Where would I find that information in my theme exactly?

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
You have to view the source of the theme filenn question. So if it's  the homepage, it may be either home.php or index.php. here is an extensive list of possible theme files http://codex.wordpress.org/Template_Hierarchy

podquestion

For Main Content.php:

<?php if (is_page()){} else { ?><span class="more"><a href="<?php the_permalink();?>">read the rest of "<?php the_title(); ?>"</a></span><?php } ?>
         <?php } ?>

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
What is just above this? Somehow your theme is modifying the content and changing it where the <!--more--> is placed.

podquestion

This:

</div>
             <div class="hr"></div>
             <div class="content" style="text-align:center;">
          <?php the_content(""); ?>

<div class="clear"></div>

<?php //var_dump($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']) ?>
         <?php if(!preg_match('/about|privacy-policy|contact|advertise|networks|top-posts|search-powered-by-google(\/.*)$/',$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']) ) { ?>

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Okay, the_content() function is being passed an empty string.  That first argument would otherwise be the text that would display for the <!--more--> link built into WordPress.

Try putting something like "&nbsp;", like <?php the_content("&nbsp;"); ?> I'm not sure that will solve the problem, but I understand what's happening now.

This has given me an idea for PowerPress, a screen where you can select which conditional from (http://codex.wordpress.org/Conditional_Tags) that you do not want the player and links to appear for. This would solve your problem at for the home page.

podquestion

We did as you asked. We added &nbsp; to <?php the_content(""); ?>. We saved the file and cleaned the site cache. No change.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Damn ok.

I am looking at adding the option I just described to PowerPress, will reply tomorrow on the progress.

podquestion

A much needed option. Thank you. I look forward to it.

podquestion

Has there been any progress on my issue?

podquestion

It's been 9 days. Has any progress been made?