Author Topic: Item Not Available Error Message in iTunes (Even when show is appearing...)  (Read 4441 times)

blogtyrant

Hi guys.

I've trawled through these forums for hours and although there is a few similar threads I can't quite find a solution.

I followed Pat Flynn's tutorial for using this plugin and it all looks good. My feed (http://www.blogtyrant.com/feed/podcast/) has been approved by iTunes and they emailed me this link: https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/blog-tyrant-xperiments-experiments/id903859427

If you click that link you get an error message saying that the item is not available. However, if you go to the iTunes Store and search for "Blog Tyrant" you can see the first episode - just not the Podcast/Show page. That is what is saying is not available. Thus people cannot subscribe or leave reviews, etc.

More information:

- I've set the show to clean
- Set language to English
- Made sure my description is entered and there's no blank spaces anywhere

Would really appreciate any help on this one.

Cheers.

Ramsay

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
Everything looks good with your feed. 

You are going to have to contact iTunes directly to solve this problem with iTunes.

podcasts@apple.com is their address.

-Mike

blogtyrant

Hi Mike.

I'm already ahead of ya! :-)

Here is what they said:

1) Change the title and link fields of the RSS feed to something other than what they are now.

2) Resubmit the podcast feed via iTunes.

3) Once you have successfully submitted the podcast, you can change the title and link fields back to what they were.

I've been looking around trying to figure out the link field part. Does that mean doing scary 301 htaccess stuff?

Cheers.

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
The title part is easy.   Just change the title in the feeds tab of powerpress.

Not sure what they mean by the "link field". 

-Mike

blogtyrant

Hi Mike.

The link attribute is the URL to your website that appears on the left under the show artwork. For me it's www.blogtyrant.com

Any idea why that would make a difference or how I can change it?

blogtyrant

I just wanted to also add that I noticed in the Custom Channel section in the WP Powerpress settings that it says that I've published 5 episodes when I've only done one. Feels like something is off with the feed maybe?