Author Topic: Doesn't work :(  (Read 610 times)

llichtor

Doesn't work :(
« on: June 24, 2014, 10:07:32 pm »
Lately, link is correct, but when I embed in web site: doesn't load.  Uploads work, though, in podcasts from itunes.

Bottom of website: [powerpress url="link"]  I can copy the link, and play in a browser perfectly.  Embedded in the web site page (wordpress), nothing.

Very clunky: now have to paste a link with the url (link) next to the powerpress image.

Some of older posts: takes about 3 min before a m4v starts playing; yet when copy a link into a new browser window, plays immediately.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 10:21:50 pm by llichtor »

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
Re: Doesn't work :(
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 02:05:06 pm »
It's got something to do with the way you encode your m4v.  You need to tag it correctly so the tag is at the beginning of the file.  There is a setting in a lot of video encoding software that enables streaming.  This will do the same thing. 

See: http://create.blubrry.com/manual/creating-podcast-media/video/h-264-mp4-m4v-tips/

-Mike

llichtor

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 05:30:17 pm »
thanks for getting back to me.  One point: using godaddy to host my wordpress file.  In the document, it states not to store media file on same site as website.  Really a concern?

llichtor

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 11:00:42 pm »
Finally got streaming to work: thought I might share: purchased Quicktime Pro, then opened the m4v file, exported, (movie to MPEG-4), clicked option, selected streaming and clicked on enable streaming: success.

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 10:13:48 am »
Glad you got it streaming correctly.  That's a part that a lot of people miss.  :)

As for the media hosting, the problem is that when you host your media on the same server as your website, when you release an episode it doesn't take many downloads going on at the same time to slow down or crash your site.   See: http://create.blubrry.com/manual/internet-media-hosting/

-Mike