Author Topic: XML Missing Style Information  (Read 951 times)

whiwo

XML Missing Style Information
« on: June 16, 2014, 09:41:58 pm »
After troubleshooting issues with my primary feed no longer being valid, I isolated the issue to the Yoast SEO plugin.  Now that it's deactivated while I wait to see if I can get a response in that forum, the feed itself has a message at the top that says "This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below."

When I validate the feed, it is valid but I now get the message "This feed is valid, but interoperability with the widest range of feed readers could be improved by implementing the following recommendations," and "itunes:summary should not contain HTML: &7;" two issues I have never had in the feed before.

Are these things I should be concerned with?  I really don't want to have to re-install the plugin since I setup category feeds (which are working fine) and have most listed in iTunes. 

Any recommendations on how to fix these issues?

http://partyfavorz.com

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
Re: XML Missing Style Information
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 09:24:04 am »
XML doesn't have style information by design.  Nothing to worry about.

The other note from feedvalidator is legit.  You shouldn't have HTML in your itune summary.  That being said, I wouldn't worry about it if it's working.  Only time you have to worry is if feedvalidator says it's not valid.

-Mike

whiwo

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 11:14:05 pm »
Okay, thanks for the reply.  I'll go back and check the iTunes summary.  It appears there is more going on.  All the issues occurred after switching to GoDaddy's Wordpress managed hosting.  First the feed, and now the site is completely broke.  I can't even begin to talk about the incompetence I've been dealing with their support team.  To add insult to injury, they didn't even have a backup of my site to restore, even though I was paying for one backup every 24 hours. 

I have no doubt all the issues above are from moving over to managed hosting (as per their recommendations when I was experiencing server side issues and the site would crash for 15 minutes after creating a post).  I'm in the process of moving everything over to Siteground.

Thanks Again!

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 08:11:04 am »
Sorry you had problems with your host.  That sucks.

Let us know if you need anything else.

-Mike