Author Topic: Playing Music to Close the Show  (Read 1661 times)

The Benediction

Playing Music to Close the Show
« on: May 18, 2014, 05:23:36 pm »
First of all, I just want to say hello to everyone. My podcast is called The Benediction, and it is a pop culture and entertainment podcast with a basis in the Christian faith. Basically, I'm trying to integrate my interests with my faith in an effort to appeal to, and relate with like minded individuals.

One thing that I really wanted to do was play full, original songs to close out my show. Rather than buy an ASCAP or BMI license in order to play licensed music, I want to play music from independent/undiscovered talent. Established musicians don't really need the exposure, but acts that aren't established do. I am running into trouble finding artists that I can get music from. So far, I have been using Soundcloud to locate songs. It works, but it is kind of a hassle. Ideally I would like to have song files sent to me, and then pick from the collection that grows from there.

I do not make money from this from this podcast, so I am not looking to capitalize off of someone else's talent, I just want to close out the show with good tunes and help an artist or band get some exposure.

Does anyone have an idea that I could implement in order to really get this rolling? Is there a music forum that anyone knows about that I could contact musicians at?

The music does not have to be Christian, it just has to be clean and in good taste. All genres are welcome.

Thanks for reading!