Author Topic: Need Podtrac to be first redirect, Blubrry won't let me change it  (Read 1001 times)

atheistically

I put Podtrac as the second redirect and it's not working. They say it needs to be the first one. However, when I go to the redirects page, the first redirect, which is my Blubrry stats, is greyed out and won't allow me to change it.
What can I do for Podtrac to work?
Thank you.

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
Re: Need Podtrac to be first redirect, Blubrry won't let me change it
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 09:24:34 am »
If you are on our hosting, then it won't really work.  (There might be a way, but I'm unsure right now how to do it. I will test)

IF you are only on our stats, unlink your stats from your wordpress blog by going to the services and stats tab and logging out of your blubrry.com account.  Once that is done, you should be able to change the redirect URL's around in the services and stats page.   

This will, of course, mean that you wont' get blubrry stats in your dashboard.  I will check to see if we can make a change in the plugin to allow you to order the redirects.

-Mike

atheistically

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2014, 06:25:58 pm »
Ok thank you. Yes I'm only on the stats. When I unlink I won't lose my stats or anything will I? It's just unlinking the plugin I guess? And are there any other negative consequences you can think of to unlinking? I'm just nervous to messing up my podcast or something.

Thank you again for the help.

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2014, 10:56:39 am »
Nope, Unlinking the stats in your plugin will only take away the stats display in the dashboard. You will then have to put both the podtrac and the blubrry redirect Urls in the URL1 and URL2 blocks.

-Mike

Todd

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 04:15:58 pm »
Be Aware going in that the Podtrac stats system is quite dated.