Author Topic: Trying to understand the unique subscriber and download numbers  (Read 544 times)

athletebydesign

Which gives me a better chance in terms of trying to get featured in my selected category in iTunes? 

I have been mentioned in the 'What's Hot' section twice....but the first time I drove my elist and social media followers directly to the iTunes link while the second time I pointed them all to my blog post to listen using the Blubrry Plugin.

Does it matter given what my goal is?

thanks!
Jeremy

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
Re: Trying to understand the unique subscriber and download numbers
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 01:12:58 pm »
Neither...  The featured thing on iTunes is based on new subscribers (as far as I know) and has nothing to do with your download stats.

-Mike

athletebydesign

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 02:33:20 pm »
Really?  I thought it was also about ratings and reviews...as some of the podcasts in my category that are listed as 'New and Noteworth' don't have any ratings or reviews!

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 03:03:10 pm »
I don't know for sure, but your download stats don't really have anything to do with it.  It's about new subscriptions / listens via iTunes.  Apple can't track a listen on your webpage and once someone is subscribed, the file goes directly from wherever you have it served from to the person's device / itunes software. 

-Mike