Author Topic: Updated wp powerpress and blubrry is not working  (Read 697 times)

kepipro

Updated wp powerpress and blubrry is not working
« on: March 03, 2014, 02:43:04 pm »
I updated wp powerpress through the wp "Installed Plugin" page and immediately after that none of the powerpress podcast listings work, the stats are gone from the dashboard and also I get a white, blank screen on the "Installed Plugins" page and also the WP "Updates" page.

Can I get the previous version of powerpress to install and see if that will correct this error?
Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
Jeff

kepipro

Re: Updated wp powerpress and blubrry is not working
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 04:49:00 pm »
Alright a bit of an update.  I was able to activate the powerpress plugin through phpadmin so the plugin is working fine as are all of my other functions and plugins.
I did a manual downgrade via ftp to 5.0.4 by overwriting (found previous versions on the wp plugin site under "Developers").

But, the "Installed Plugins" and the "Updates" pages on the WP Dashboard are still are blank ever since I upgraded to 5.0.5.

Any thoughts or help?

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 10:29:24 am »
Try re-upgrading to PowerPress 5.0.5. We did not change much between the versions, just going to guess that you had a file not copied during the update. IF it fails that time, try manually installing it via the zip.

Once it is working again, click the "serves and stats" and re-enter your blubrry user name and password, that should walk you through re-setting the dashboard widgets.

kepipro

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 07:04:34 pm »
The new version of powerpress did not make a difference.
But, I manually (because I could not access the WP Plugin area) deactivated all the plugins.
1. Accessed via FTP ... Renamed the wp plugin folder... changed from plugins to pluginsxxx
2. Plugin area was visible as was the update area.
3. Changed the plugins folder back to "plugins"
4. Accessed the Plugins area of the WP dashboard and reactivated the plugins.

Good to go.

I am not sure what happened, but it occurred immediately after doing an upgrade to 5.0.5 of powerpress through the plugin area of the WP dashboard... somehow triggered an issue with activation because after the upgrade, the other plugins remained active, but powerpress was in active so for some reason, after the upgrade, it did not activate.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 07:51:54 pm »
Renaming the folders may imply that the folder permissions may have been modified. Updating the plugin may simply be a byproduct of WordPress not writing all the files for the update. This is my guess based on what you've said so far.