Author Topic: powerpress_play_page showing in Category view  (Read 6233 times)

philwhite

powerpress_play_page showing in Category view
« on: January 15, 2009, 11:50:11 am »
Hi there.

We just installed Powerpress to try it out with our podcasts (we were trying to get podPress to work, but that's another story).  In one of our Category Views called Podcasts we seeing the following message:

powerpress_play_page(’http://radio.lawyershop.ca/podcasts/audio/reeve/Reeve-explains-some-of-the-results-of-the-implementation-of-the-Youth-Criminal-Justice-Act.mp3′, ‘powerpress_player_370′);

The player works fine in clicking on the title of the podcast.  Is there a way to hide that message or change the code to ensure the player is shown?

thanks in advance.

philwhite

Re: powerpress_play_page showing in Category view
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 11:54:21 am »
as a follow-up to this:

http://info.lawyershop.ca/personal-injury/category/podcasts/ page runs the javascript in the excerpt ... so I don't think it's a theme problem - this page has podPress installed.

philwhite

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 11:56:30 am »
In the first post - the page to the issue where it shows the code is located here:

http://info.lawyershop.ca/criminal/index.php/archives/category/podcasts/

Rob Safuto

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 01:23:00 pm »
There are three things you need to make sure of:

1. You're running the latest version of WordPress.
2. You're running the latest version of PowerPress.
3. You only have PowerPress enabled.

Numbers 2 and 3 are especially important. If you have an earlier version of PowerPress or try to run PowerPress simultaneously with PodPress you will probably have some issues.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2009, 02:00:44 am »
Hey Phil,

I just took a look at your blog, it looks like you're now using the WP Audio Player plugin with Powerpress. The podcast category page appears to be working for you now. Are you having any other problems?

Thanks,
Angelo

mtk67

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 11:18:40 pm »
Hi Angelo.

I am running into this problem on my page. I am running the latest version of PowerPress. The site is www.thewordontech.com. Note how the player shows up properly, but then the text appears below it. If you look at the same post in single-post mode (by clicking the title of the post) it appears fine.

Any idea how to correct this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Mike

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2009, 06:41:31 pm »
I've looked at both your main page and the post specific page and I still don't understand what is different. Did you mean you do not want the PowerPress player just the WP Audio Player?

If so, make sure you are in advanced mode, click on "Appearance", and under the "Player Function" setting select "disable".

mtk67

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2009, 10:23:49 am »
Sorry Angelo. That's because I changed the page. I put it back now so that you can see it.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2009, 11:37:54 am »
Looks like your theme or possible some other plugin is modifying the content before it is displayed in the page. Try adding the following line somewhere near the top to your wp-config.php so PowerPress is the last process to modify the page content:

define('POWERPRESS_CONTENT_ACTION_PRIORITY', 100);
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 03:34:27 pm by angelo »

mtk67

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2009, 11:45:51 am »
That did the trick. Actually, my theme developer had also suggested I add that line (which I did) with a priority of 13. Oddly, both he and you spelled POWERPRESS with two W's. So the command line in my wp-config.php must not have been doing anything. I deleted the extra W and it looks great now.

Just fyi on the spelling for other people that may be having this problem. I did not catch it the first time.

Thanks for your help Angelo.

Regards,
Mike

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2009, 03:35:04 pm »
I'm guessing that he copied/pasted my typo from a previous post on this forum. I've fixed the typo and I'm fixing the typo in another post on this form as well.

Thanks for catching this typo.