Author Topic: Best way to add multiple redirect URLs  (Read 836 times)

johnb172

Best way to add multiple redirect URLs
« on: February 04, 2014, 07:46:43 pm »
Currently I have PowerPress set up for category podcasting and am only doing audio.  In a few weeks I will be needing to create podcast channels to add video to our podcasts. We're using Podtrac for tracking and stats. Since we had only been doing audio, I stuck the Podtrac redirect under "Services & Stats." Now with the addition of podcast channels for video, I need to customize the Podtrac URL redirect based on whether it's an mp3, or mp4. What is the best way to accomplish this so that when I create the post and add the mp3 for category podcasting it adds the mp3 redirect url, but mp4 for the podcast channel?

I do see that Services & Stats can support more than one redirect URL. However it adds each redirect url that is entered to form one url redirect, which is not what I am looking to do.

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
Re: Best way to add multiple redirect URLs
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 09:33:45 am »
You will have to add the redirects manually once you have more than one show.

Take the redirect out of Services & Stats and put them in each channel as needed. 

I Believe it's a future feature that will separate out each channel's redirect in powerpress, but I'm not sure when that will be available.

Also, have you checked out blubrry stats?  Maybe you could use that for your video feed ? 

-Mike

johnb172

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 04:02:28 pm »
Dang. That's what I was afraid of...

We've looked at blubrry stats, but weren't interested.

Todd

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 07:33:02 pm »
Can I ask why? If there is something missing we would like to know as to add to the list of features.

Most major podcast networks and now even podcast ad buyers use our stats for validation of campaigns with custom re-directs.

johnb172

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 08:37:25 pm »
We are committed to using Podtrac.

Todd

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2014, 10:19:57 pm »
You can use two redirects no issue, we have some folks using both, but because so few are using Podtrac anymore we do not have a good feel on their accuracy anymore.  When we where vetted by ESPN they put us up against everyone, and today ESPN uses our service along with many radio and podcast networks. So it may be a good idea to audit your results from them time to time.

Our stats service is audited internally by our team every week, we have the volume to see trends where other services with small data sets never will keep that in mind.

Todd..