Author Topic: Non podcast entries showing up in iTunes  (Read 976 times)

brettr

Non podcast entries showing up in iTunes
« on: January 31, 2014, 04:23:01 pm »
I have a podcast category.  It only has one podcast post in it.  My feed in Blubrry is www.abc.com/feed/podcast.  My podcast was just accepted to iTunes. 

When I view the podcast in iTunes, I see three non podcast entries along with the podcast entry.  The non podcast entries are blog post and are not in the podcast entry.  When I view the feed URL in http://feedvalidator.org/, I see the three post there as well.

Why would these blog post show up in the feed if they are not in the podcast category?

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
Re: Non podcast entries showing up in iTunes
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 04:56:28 pm »
They must have a media file in them.  When you install powerpress, if there is an mp3 linked in a post, it will show up as a podcast episode.  The category doesn't matter. 

Remove the link in the non-podcast posts and save and then put the links back in and it should clear it from the podcast-only feed.

-Mike

brettr

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 05:22:10 pm »
Thanks.  That's exactly what's going on.

However, MP3s in these posts are not podcast and only short clips of audio.  I can't remove them since they are basically part of the post.  Is there some work around for this? 

mgdell

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 10:46:01 am »
Go into the post.  Click on "   Modify existing podcast episode".  Then, click on "Podcast episode will be removed from this post upon save "  and save your changes of the post.  The link to the file should remain but it should be out of the podcast-only feed.

Give iTunes up to 3 days to remove the listings for the files you remove from the feed.  iTunes listings are not updated in real-time.

-Mike

brettr

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2014, 11:01:04 am »
Awesome!  I just checked my feed and everything looks good.

You are saying that iTunes automatically checks your feed regardless of updates about every 3 days or so?

Thanks.

mgdell

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2014, 05:40:05 pm »
iTunes will normally check your feed every few days.  Likely sooner. 

-Mike

brettr

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2014, 05:59:51 pm »
iTunes has already picked up my changes.  The three posts are now gone and the playlist is correct.  I also uploaded a new podcast image when I updated the posts.  I don't see the new image on iTunes yet.

I'll wait a few days.  Just strange they would update the playlist now and not the image.

mgdell

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2014, 10:24:15 am »
If you didn't change the name of the image, it won't update for a long time on iTunes.  Change the name of the image and it should update next time itunes pulls the feed.

-Mike

brettr

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2014, 11:29:23 am »
Yes - the image name was already different.  It updated last night.  Thanks.

Looks like iTunes checks your feed several times per day and updates the same day.