Author Topic: Placing more than one media files  (Read 4148 times)

pineapple

Placing more than one media files
« on: January 09, 2009, 12:05:47 pm »
Hi, everybody.

There is no way to add another ( the second and more ) media file in the same post. Nor Blubrry  plugin settings neither post options give that feature.

Did I miss something or placing more than one media file in one post isn't supported?

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Re: Placing more than one media files
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 05:55:34 pm »
You are not missing anything, multiple enclosures in one post is not supported in Blubrry Powerpress.

Explanation copied/pasted from readme.txt:

Blubrry Powerpress does not support multiple enclosures in one blog post. This is because each podcatching application handles multiple enclosures differently. iTunes will download the first enclosure that it sees in the feed ignoring the rest. Other podcatchers and podcasting directories either pick up the first enclosure or the last in each post item. This inconsistency combined with the fact that Dave Winer does not recommend multiple enclosures and the FeedValidator.org recommendation against it is why the Blubrry Powerpress does not support them.

MarkDe

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 01:18:15 am »
This is the feature I am looking for as well.  I imported a bunch of episodes (270+ without a hitch!) from PodPress, importing the MP3s to one feed and the WMV files to a custom feed.  So, the enclosures are proper and iTunes (nor any other feed reader) will not get confused.

Yet, the WordPress post still has both media files tied to it.  It would be nice to have all the files display on the page so people can still view the old videos.  Please note I am only talking about the web page here, NOT any RSS feed.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 01:20:16 am by MarkDe »

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 06:25:46 pm »
Displaying the Custom Podcast Feed episodes in the web page is on the TODO list. This will most likely be added in the 0.8.0 series. We're going to start working on 0.8.x very soon.