Author Topic: iTunes Subscription Stats?  (Read 2228 times)

monkeywisdom

iTunes Subscription Stats?
« on: November 12, 2013, 09:36:02 pm »
Howdy,

This could be a feature request, but it's more of a question right now. Any way to get iTunes subscription stats through Blubrry or some third party service? I'm not a Blubrry engineer, so I'm unsure of what's possible through Blubrry. Even without this functionality right now, is there a way to get at least a subscriber count? Thanks.

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
Re: iTunes Subscription Stats?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 08:55:33 am »
in the stats, look for "clients". Any of them that say iTunes will give you a rough guess at the number of subscribers.  I say rough numbers because it does count people that stream an episode using iTunes that may or may not be subscribed. As far as I know, there is no way to figure out the exact number of subscribers on any platform (including itunes).

-Mike 

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Re: iTunes Subscription Stats?
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 11:15:49 am »
As mike said, we can't guarantee a subscriber count, but you can correlate the client applications to possible subscriptions. More than likey mobile applications and desktop applications are subscribed to your podcast, where-as mobile and desktop web browsers are simply discovering your content from a web search and are not subscribed. there are cases of both though were one may or may not be subscribed.