Author Topic: Help migrating from an iWeb podcast to podcasts on my WordPress Blog  (Read 2286 times)

tcwaters

A few months ago, I made a switch to a WordPress blog to replace what I had been doing using iWeb and a .Mac (now mobileme) account, and I need some help understanding how to get this going.  I've created a folder of old podcast episodes, and expected that I would close down the old RSS feed to iTunes; and create a new feed to iTunes.  Now, do I just create a new blog entry for each of the past episodes and/or new episodes- and these blog entries "sit" within the blog overall- with a new category called "podcast" or do I make a new page for them?
I just need some help understanding how to set this up structurally I guess, and then I can dig in.
Thx!

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Re: Help migrating from an iWeb podcast to podcasts on my WordPress Blog
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 10:05:46 am »
You will want a plugin to help you add podcast episodes to your blog posts. To tie things to together, all you do is take the URL (example: http://yoursite.com/folder/file.mp3) and paste that into the podcast URL field of your podcasting plugin. This is a relatively simple procedure if you are using our Blubrry Powerpress plugin.

You may also want to refer to PodcastFAQ.com for more information about podcasting.