Author Topic: Error 500 When Saving  (Read 3668 times)

Alex

Error 500 When Saving
« on: November 25, 2008, 10:21:29 pm »
I successfully uploaded and published 2 podcasts using powerpress. The third podcast that I released this Monday gives me an error 500 when saving. I manually created an enclosure, so now the podcast appears within the wordpress page, and it shows up in the feed.

The problem is that the podcast is not updating in iTunes, even though I've manually pinged it. I suspect whatever causes the error 500 also causes this problem.

Also, it might be related, but my iTunes descriptions used to be the first several lines of the wordpress post that hosts the podcast, but now both podcasts show a the generic description that is used for the whole show, instead of having individual descriptions per episode.

Any solutions?

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Re: Error 500 When Saving
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 02:17:39 am »
We just made a new version of Blubrry Powerpress. Please upgrade to the latest version and see if that fixes your problems. Latest version may be obtained here: www.blubrry.com/powerpress/

Alex

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 08:50:29 am »
Just updated new version. The same error persists, and now on top of that the media player no longer shows up in any of the podcast posts...

Alex

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 08:56:49 am »
Just updated new version. The same error persists, and now on top of that the media player no longer shows up in any of the podcast posts...

The media player now shows up. However, I'm still getting the error 500!

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 01:51:29 pm »
Performing further tests, it appears there is a bug with the code used to get information about the media. We're going to be working on an Ajax method for retrieving the file size in the next version, which should help, if not fix, us solve this problem.

Thanks,
Angelo

Alex

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008, 09:55:17 pm »
Performing further tests, it appears there is a bug with the code used to get information about the media. We're going to be working on an Ajax method for retrieving the file size in the next version, which should help, if not fix, us solve this problem.

Thanks,
Angelo

Sounds good. I did it manually today and everything worked out fine. I'll be sure to get the next auto-version when it's out.