Author Topic: Bulk Modify Media Url (*slash* Where is this stored in SQL)  (Read 1009 times)

aktdev

Bulk Modify Media Url (*slash* Where is this stored in SQL)
« on: August 21, 2013, 01:47:37 am »
Hi Guys,

I have been using the Blubrry PowerPress wordpress plugin for about a year now and I have to say I freaking love it! It is really well laid out and simple to use.

My problem is I have recently signed up for a new service to enhance my podcasts reach and statistics, and I now want to add a prefix to every episodes Media URL (e.g. http://www.mysite.com/ep1.mp3 now needs to be http://www.service.com/redirect/mysite.com/ep1.mp3)

I am a developer by trade and was hoping to be able to customise one of my self made plugins to allow for a simple bulk change of the Media Url , which I had hoped would just be a post_meta attribute. I have come up short however in my quest to find where the episode Media Url is actually held in MySql?

If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be awesome, or if someone knows of a way to do what I'm trying in a simple way that would also be awesome.

Thanks In Advanced.

Aaron

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Re: Bulk Modify Media Url (*slash* Where is this stored in SQL)
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 06:52:04 pm »
Go to PowerPRess > Tools, use the "find and replace episode URLs" feature. Should be self explanatory.

aktdev

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 12:40:22 am »
I did find and try this after I posted here :-[

Unfortunately when I fill in the two fields and then press "Find and Preview" I then get a 404 error for the page it's looking for after that...? URL trying to find is: mysite.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=powerpress/powerpressadmin_tools.php, which it should be able to find seeing as the first page is: mysite.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=powerpress/powerpressadmin_tools.php&action=powerpress-find-replace, which loads fine!

:o :o :o

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 09:35:35 am »
you may have some form of security setup on your server. If you have any caching or security WordPress plugins, disable them. Otherwise, contact your web host about the issue. They may have setup something with mod_security. They have access to the logs to see what the error was.