Author Topic: Multiple "Subscribe in iTunes" Links  (Read 1571 times)

StitchTek

Multiple "Subscribe in iTunes" Links
« on: July 31, 2013, 04:57:19 pm »
I have used this thread: http://forum.blubrry.com/index.php/topic,2569.msg6633.html#msg6633 to add a single subscribe in iTunes link.

However the same link shows up for both channels when you have an episode that is audio and video.  Since channels are required to have different RSS feeds is there a way to modify this so the link is individual for the audio channel iTunes and the Video Channel iTunes feeds?

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Re: Multiple "Subscribe in iTunes" Links
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 02:57:29 pm »
I believe the $ExtraData array variable's 'feed' index has the slug name of the feed.

e.g.

Code: [Select]
if( $ExtraData['feed'] == 'podcast' ) // in default podcast feed.
if( $ExtraData['feed'] == 'channel-slug' ) // media for your custom podcast channel with slug 'channel-slug'

StitchTek

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 04:11:00 pm »
DO I add that code as is or do I list the actual channel slug for that channel?  Also which files are these in or add to the functions file where the other code was placed?

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 04:15:04 pm »
Neither, I am just referring to the basic logic and variables you can use. I assumed up to this point you are a theme/plugin developer and know how to write the code you need in your theme.

Are you looking for a specific code solution for your web site?

StitchTek

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 04:17:40 pm »
I as just looking to leverage that previous post about adding the iTunes link but make sure the link was correct for each channel.  If it cannot be done easily I may need to find another way around it.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2013, 04:21:12 pm »
It will require some logic unfortunately. Its a feature in our todo list but we have a few other features at the moment that are high priority like html5 player update.