Author Topic: Proposed Feed Authentication Hooks  (Read 3021 times)

amereservant

Proposed Feed Authentication Hooks
« on: June 09, 2013, 01:11:56 am »
I've submitted a few proposed action/filter hooks (included patch file) in Ticket http://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/1771 that would be great if I could get them added to the plugin.
They allow for alternative feed authentication methods to be used.  I've explained it in the ticket on Trac.

Thanks!

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Re: Proposed Feed Authentication Hooks
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 04:33:22 pm »
Got it thanks! Great feature suggestion. We have some other features in the works this would work with as well, so the action hooks will need to accept additional arguments. Please email me cio at rawvoice dot com to discuss further.

Not sure if you discovered this or not, no one is really using that plugins trac site. It has been online since 2005 and has less than 1,800 tickets. To put that into perspective, there are over 24,000 plugins last time I looked. Most folks leave features/bug fixes in the wordpress.org forums, but for us the preferred way is to contact us directly (www.blubrry.com/contact.php or email me) so we can prioritize the feature in our in-house development system and put the code/patch in our development environment.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Re: Proposed Feed Authentication Hooks
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 04:52:37 pm »
I'm not sure why the 2 and 3rd action hooks are needed in your patch. Again, please email me to explain what those are for.

Also, you can deal with this currently with just a few lines of code placed in your wp-config.php file, just make sure they are before the require line near the bottom.

Code: [Select]
if( isset($_SERVER['REDIRECT_REMOTE_USER']) ) {
    list($_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_USER'], $_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_PW']) =
        explode(':' , base64_decode(substr($_SERVER['REDIRECT_REMOTE_USER'], 6)));
}

Since $_SERVER is a global variable you can set these and they will be available to the rest of the code executed in WordPress.