Author Topic: Redirect after listening to podcast?  (Read 2300 times)

thevideomd

Redirect after listening to podcast?
« on: June 08, 2013, 12:30:57 pm »
Perhaps this is already available by using the right player or a setting I am missing in Powerpress?  Is there a way to automatically redirect people to a page of my choice after someone has reached the end of a podcast ie. "Thank you for listening to my podcast - Here's how to join my membership program and get lots more great stuff"

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
Re: Redirect after listening to podcast?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 09:17:47 am »
That feature is not part of Powerpress. 

-Mike

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Re: Redirect after listening to podcast?
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 02:25:24 pm »
Just a heads up, such behavior is not acceptable on the web. If Google and other search engines detect page reloading/redirection logic, it will assume you're doing something either to fish users or to inject pop-u/pop-out advertising. Either way, it will cost you more than it's worth. Such practice also has accessibility ramifications. The only way to successfully manage that is to develop something in-house specifically for what you are trying to do, taking into consideration search engines, user interaction, accessibility, and anything else that may pop-up.

We do custom development, and you're welcome to contact us for a quote, but we would highly advise you against doing anything like what you want for the reasons just explained.