Author Topic: Media stats have not updated in 2 months  (Read 544 times)

Leonai_art

Media stats have not updated in 2 months
« on: May 14, 2013, 12:46:13 pm »
Hello,

I've an account, we're using the plugin on our wordpress host and enjoy the media service.  Statistics are very nice to have and help drive our volunteer podcasting team, but the statistics don't appear to have updated in the last 2 months.  I understand that non-paying clients don't get much priority by comparison to paying individuals. 

Additionally, it's posing a challenge trying to find a 3rd party provider to set in the url redirect.  Doesn't seem to be a common practice?  I don't know, maybe I'm just searching for the wrong thing.

Detailed information:

feed: http://ogrshows.com/feed/podcast

Thank you.

angelo

• Custom Title
  • Administrator
  • CIO, RawVoice
    • Angelo's Blog
Re: Media stats have not updated in 2 months
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 01:41:57 pm »
You do not have the blubrry statistics redirect implemented in your site. You will nee dto go to www.blubrry.com, sign-in, go to 'manage account", go into "measure statistics", then click the "getting started" link for instructions how to setup PowerPress with Blubrry Podcast statistics.

Re: "trying to find a 3rd party provider to set in the url redirect.", what redirect? can you reply with this redirect you are trying to accomplish?

Leonai_art

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 01:58:28 pm »
I've updated that - thank you.

Was wondering what other services there were that people use as statistics relays, similar to blubrry.

We currently use google analytics and sitestats, which read out different types of information.  The combination of the two gives us a great look at what visitors are doing, seeing, and are interested in and from what contries.  We are able to better target our audience's needs.  I'd like to be able to use blubrry and was curious to know if there were other services that your customers typically use if and when using multiple redirect URLs.

angelo

• Custom Title
  • Administrator
  • CIO, RawVoice
    • Angelo's Blog
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 02:15:46 pm »
Back in 2005-2007 we thought there would be competitors who would come along and provide the same service we do, but none have. The only other services is PodTrac but they haven't attended trade show event since 2007 and I believe their reporting hasn't changed in years either. Unfortunately as far as "statistics redirects" go, Blubrry (and related TechPodcatss.com and Rawvoice.com statistics) is the only game in town. RawVoice and TechPodcats statistics use the same statistics system, they are just branded for those sites. RawVoice Statistics specifically is intended for professionals who do not want to have community membership to get podcast measurement statistics.

Leonai_art

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 04:09:33 pm »
Very interesting and good to know.

We switched to blubrry after having our own in-house built system.  We wanted to integrate podcast uploads with wordpress and figured that it would be lower risk to use something built by someone who knew wordpress better, than to try and learn wordpress and convert our existing system to wordpress uploading.  All that said, we had a redirect system that we built that worked quite nicely.

It seems to be an odd niche.  Podcasting is so common these days, and yet metrics aren't nearly as open as one might think.

In closing, thank you.  I wasn't expecting such speed in responsivity  :)