Author Topic: One-click subscription URL??  (Read 2176 times)

StarCapt

One-click subscription URL??
« on: October 11, 2008, 01:38:56 am »
In Blubrry's basic settiings, under "iTunes URL," one is asked to "enter your one-click subscription URL."

iTunes recognizes my podcast (http://theatre-of-the-air.com/WordPress/wp-rss2.php) when one calls it and I have an account in iTunes Store, but I don't know how to find my "one-click subscription URL."

Also, the "ping test" results in the message: "No podcast found from iTunes ping request." What's wrong here?

Thanks in advance for helpful replies.

SC

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Re: One-click subscription URL??
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 09:26:32 am »
Your iTunes URL will look like this: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=000000000, except the 000000000 be a unique value specifically for your podcast.

You can obtain your iTunes URL by finding your podcast in the iTunes music store and then click the 'email a friend' feature by entering your own email address. You will be sent a special one-click link from iTunes which should resemble the link above.

StarCapt

Re: One-click subscription URL??
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008, 03:53:55 pm »
Angelo --

Thanks for this specific reply.

Although iTunes now has my logo, unfortunately the logo does not appear in the "Performing Arts" section of the iTunes Store. But when a do a search on my podcast there, the entry, including logo, appears in the List part of iTunes. However, I could not find any "Send email to a friend" entry at all.

But when I right-clicked on my podcast logo, a "Copy iTunes URL" message appeared. Selecting this provided the correct number that I then entered into the Blubrry Basic Settings. And now the ping test is successful.

I include the info above in case someone else has the same problem.

SC