Author Topic: Powerpress Audio player integration  (Read 6421 times)

upekshapriya

Powerpress Audio player integration
« on: October 02, 2008, 02:02:41 pm »
Looking for a better Audio Player?

We didn't want to re-invent the wheel, so the player provided in Blubrry Powerpress is very light weight and simple. If you're looking for a player that is customizable, please check out the WP Audio Player 2.0 beta. Latest features include ability to place the player above or below the post content and it has many color configuration options.

This is a quote from http://www.blubrry.com/powerpress/

Just wondering how I can integrate the WP Audio Player with Powerpress?

Or are you suggesting it as alternative to using Powerpress?

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Re: Powerpress Audio player integration
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 02:52:08 pm »
You can use the WP Audio Player with Powerpress installed. If you enable both the Powerpress and WP Audio Players, you will have 2 players displayed in your posts, which may not be desired. Also keep in mind that if you have previous posts in your database created with PodPress, the WP Audio Player will not display a player for those posts. We are working on a fix in Powerpress to display the Powerpress player in the event you're using WP Audio Player and it doesn't detect the Podpress settings.

upekshapriya

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 09:37:11 pm »
What settings do I need in WP Audio Player and Powerpress to make sure I get only the WP Audio Player and get a working podcast feed?

- at the moment I am getting a 404 error when I go to the 'Special Podcast only feed' - am wondering if it something to do with using Audio Player to make an enclosure.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 10:39:55 am »
If you would like to use the WP audio player instead of the player in Powerpress, simply disable the Powerpress player and enable and configure the WP Audio Player plugin. The WP Audio Player is pretty sweet, lots of options with both color and placement options.

If you previously used PodPress, WP Audio Player will not recognize Podpress episodes. In the latest version of Powerpress (0.3.1), we added an option that allows you to still use the Powerpress Player only for Podpress episodes. To enable this, simply include the following define in your wp-config.php file. (Don't forget to turn on the Powerpress player, combined with this define, the Powerpress player will only appear for podpress episodes where the WP Audio Player would not appear)

define('POWERPRESS_USE_PLAYER_FOR_PODPRESS_EPISODES', true);

You can see your podcast only feed with the following: www.site.com/wordpress_dir/wp-rss2.php?feed=podcast or if you have permalinks configured in Wordpress, www.site.com/wordpress_dir/feed/podcast/

Please feel free to include your podcast web site in any replies.

upekshapriya

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 12:17:02 pm »
Sorry I forgot to reply with my findings. I ended up just ticking the box 'Enclosure integration' in the Audio Player settings and Disabling the player function in Powerpress settings (and displaying the download link). Now it displays the player correctly and the feeds work ok as well.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 03:24:16 pm »
Awesome!