Author Topic: Localhost install - problem adding podcast urls  (Read 8356 times)

beoirsicnarf

Localhost install - problem adding podcast urls
« on: April 09, 2013, 10:04:57 pm »
Ok, so I'm super anal. Before I launch a site, I have to make a fully functional site on my local computer. I don't know why, I  just do.

So, I have my site up, and everything is working just fine, except that I'm trying to insert media links from mediafire, google drive, and dropbox.  But powerpress isn't liking the urls. 

I guess my question is, is there a way to bypass the media verification?

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
Re: Localhost install - problem adding podcast urls
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 10:13:32 am »
Yes, you don't have to hit verify.   BUT....

You do not want to podcast from those services.  They are not designed for media files.  iTunes (if you want to be listed there) will not approve a show with files hosted in places like this.  You need to have a webserver with byte range requests enabled.

Blubrry offers excellent media hosting.  See: http://create.blubrry.com/resources/podcast-media-hosting/

-Mike

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Re: Localhost install - problem adding podcast urls
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 02:36:21 pm »
You may also want to search this site for a response I made years ago about how I setup my local development, I setup each domain with a .local root (instead of .com) and add those host names to my local hosts file. Makes testing a lot more realistic.