Author Topic: Audio File is Displayed as Video  (Read 950 times)

vikusia

Audio File is Displayed as Video
« on: March 26, 2013, 03:50:26 pm »
Hello,

I was wondering if you could help me, please. I'm using the following shortcode to play several audio files in the post, but the audio files look like a video with black screen, here is the screenshot - http://www.funrussian.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/black-screen.jpg. When you click on this audio-video, you are redirected to a different page and audio starts playing. Is it possible to make the audio look like audio and play on the same page instead of being redirected?

This is the shortcode I'm using:
[powerpress url="http://www.funrussian.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/6.wav"]

If I need to change the settings, could you please let me know what needs to be changed?

Could you please help?

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
Re: Audio File is Displayed as Video
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 04:53:18 pm »
You need to re-save the files as .jpg files.  You can do this easy in itunes.

Just drag the .wav files into itunes and right click and select "make mp3".  If itunes doesn't have that available, go to itunes preferences > general and where it says "When you insert a CD" click on "import settings" and Import Using: select mp3 encoder.  And "good" quality.   Click OK and go back to your file and right click (or cmd click on a Mac) and "make Mp3"

Then replace the wav files on the server with the new mp3 files you just made and fix the links in the shortcode.   

.wav was never meant to be a podcast (or web) format. It's uncompressed and the flash and html5 players don't know how to deal with it correctly.

-Mike

vikusia

Re: Audio File is Displayed as Video
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 06:44:27 pm »
Thank you so much for your help! It worked! I'm a newbie to podcasting, and got lost a little...

Have a wonderful day!  ;D