Author Topic: Podcast Will Not Upload  (Read 869 times)

acecubbie

Podcast Will Not Upload
« on: October 24, 2012, 08:58:08 am »
I'll state up front that I'm a new user of Blubrry, so this could very well be user error. But I've watched the "How To" video, and I'm not a luddite, so I don't think I'm the problem.

The problem is this: I can't seem to upload a podcast. I signed up for a hosting account this weekend, and I can navigate to the portion where I "Add New Media," and I can upload an mp3 podcast. The upload progress bar goes as it should, seemingly uploading my 30ish mb podcast. But once it says it's done uploading, and I go to unpublished media, although the show is displayed, you can't do anything with it (except delete it). So, I instead tried uploading view the PowerPress plugin on my site, and once again, everything looked like it was uploading fine. Once the upload completed, however, and I look at my media files, it shows the file as "0.0 kb" in size. Obviously it did not upload properly. I've tried several times, and each time it "uploads" an empty file. I've checked the file on my end, and it's just fine. Plays perfectly.

Anyone know what's going on? This is quite an issue.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Re: Podcast Will Not Upload
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 02:27:08 pm »
We had an issue with the upload server from 8:30-10am this morning. You should be able to upload now. Are you still having issues?

billspaced

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 12:33:17 am »
I'll state up front that I'm a new user of Blubrry, so this could very well be user error. But I've watched the "How To" video, and I'm not a luddite, so I don't think I'm the problem.

The problem is this: I can't seem to upload a podcast. I signed up for a hosting account this weekend, and I can navigate to the portion where I "Add New Media," and I can upload an mp3 podcast. The upload progress bar goes as it should, seemingly uploading my 30ish mb podcast. But once it says it's done uploading, and I go to unpublished media, although the show is displayed, you can't do anything with it (except delete it). So, I instead tried uploading view the PowerPress plugin on my site, and once again, everything looked like it was uploading fine. Once the upload completed, however, and I look at my media files, it shows the file as "0.0 kb" in size. Obviously it did not upload properly. I've tried several times, and each time it "uploads" an empty file. I've checked the file on my end, and it's just fine. Plays perfectly.

Anyone know what's going on? This is quite an issue.

I am having this same issue. It's quite frustrating. It's not their server outage issue mentioned in the reply, either, unless they have had multiple server issues EVERY time I've uploaded the past few weeks.

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 09:46:39 am »
Bill,

What error are you getting when you try to upload a file to blubrry hosting?   Also, if you want us to take a look at your account, contact us using the contact us form at blubrry.com and we will get right back to you.

-Mike