Author Topic: Specifying Podcast Episode Media with Shortcode or Similar  (Read 222 times)

phoneboy

Specifying Podcast Episode Media with Shortcode or Similar
« on: February 11, 2013, 01:55:15 am »
Is there some way to specify the media URL for the podcast episode using a shortcode or similar rather than having to put it in the specific field in the Edit Post portion of Wordpress? This would be preferably in situations where I am using a mobile device to set up a podcast episode and the PowerPress-specific fields are not available to me.

angelo

• Custom Title
  • Administrator
  • CIO, RawVoice
    • Angelo's Blog
Re: Specifying Podcast Episode Media with Shortcode or Similar
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 07:39:16 pm »
If you go into PowerPress Settings > Basic Settings, find the option labeled "Auto Add Media" and select one of the two options. Then anytime you write a blog post with a complete URL to a media file, PowerPress will pull it in and use it as your podcast episode. You may need to click a link in PowerPress to display advance options to see the "Auto Add Media" field.

phoneboy

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 02:14:54 am »
The Auto Add Media feature only works if I update the podcast from the web-based wp-admin. It does not work if I update via the Wordpress Mobile app (which would be preferable). Any other suggestions?

angelo

• Custom Title
  • Administrator
  • CIO, RawVoice
    • Angelo's Blog
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 11:55:58 am »
Are you still having this issue?

phoneboy

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 06:44:45 pm »
I still am yes. For the moment I am having to use the web-based admin of wordpress in order to finalized any podcast episodes.