Author Topic: Using short codes but getting media showing twice. And PDF showing as a video  (Read 3274 times)

meetpowerpress

Hello Angelo,
Have you been able to update Powerpress with the PDF and ePub icons?

Thanks

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
It's in the development version, I'm not done still testing (it's pretty stable other than what was added in the readme.txt). If you would like to test it, that be awesome, here's the link: http://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/powerpress.zip Development version will report as the previous 4.0.6 version, I cannot increment the version number as it will put it out as a release. WordPress versioning issue. The footer of PowerPress settings will report 4.0.7 beta though.

I work on PowerPress in my off time, at the moment I'm swamped with other work so it may not be until the weekend when I get a chance to release it.

meetpowerpress

Hello,

I'll wrap up setting up the current site and the clone it to test the development version.

Yesterday evening I found a workaround as I am not using Powepress to play videos in Wordpress as I need to use JW Player.
In short go to the Powerpress video settings Configure HTML5 Video Player page and link a new Default Poster Image.
In my case it was a 32x32@72 png image
Then set the player width to 32 and height to 32.
Untick Include play icon over poster image when applicable
And you will now have a nice PDF image in place of the video window.

here are some screenshots

meetpowerpress

Just installed and tested the new version of powerpress 4.0.7 with pdf and ebup support.
Great job.
Icons look nice.
Great job Angelo!

For anyone that wants to make them a little smaller, here is a quick guide on how I accomplished this.
  • Access your FTP account
  • navigate to wp-content/plugins/powerpress/play_pdf.png
  • copy play_pdf.png to your computer and make a duplicate
  • resize the duplicate to any size you want, in my case 36x36ppi
  • rename the duplicate to play_pdf.png
  • upload play_pdf.png and overwrite the play_pdf.png on the FTP
  • You should now have a smaller version

Remember to keep both the edited and original version as a backup and I believe you must upload the resized image after every powerpress update as the update process might overwrite the .png

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Next major update (not minor) this will be a setting you can upload these custom images.

meetpowerpress

Thanks!
It looks really nice now and with ePub getting more popular this gives Powerpress even more of an edge versus other solutions.

Here is a screenshot to show the result of my resizing