Author Topic: Add new-feed-url to category feed?  (Read 886 times)

sgreve

• Rookie
Add new-feed-url to category feed?
« on: February 07, 2013, 02:36:11 pm »
Hi guys,

I'm switching over a podcast feed from PowerPress for a friend. I thought it'd be as simple as just adding the new feed's URL to the "New Feed URL" area in Powerpress' settings, but I've run into an unexpected problem. My friend has apparently submitted a category feed to iTunes, so it's domain.com/feed/podcast instead of just domain.com/feed.

PowerPress is only adding the new-feed-url tag to the main WP feed, not the category feeds. Is there a way to remedy this?

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Re: Add new-feed-url to category feed?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 03:46:48 pm »
This is by design.

First, understand the new feed url is supposed to be set on the old feed, not the new feed. I assume you are moving from WordPress/PowerPress to some other platform. If you're moving from some other platform to PowerPress, then you need to set the new feed url on the old platform your moving from.

To clarify, example.com/feed/podcast/ is a podcast channel feed provided by PowerPress by default.

IF it's a category feed, enable category podcasting, then go into PowerPress > Category Podcasting, edit the category in question and set the new feed URL.

IF it's a channel feed (as from your example), enable podcast channels, then go into PowerPress > Podcast channels edit the channel in question (default podcast channel is example.com/feed/podcast) and set the new feed URL.