Author Topic: HTML5 Player in Firefox and Safari  (Read 1951 times)

StitchTek

HTML5 Player in Firefox and Safari
« on: January 28, 2013, 04:10:40 pm »
I am curious more than anything, but the player works great in Chrome, but in FF and Safari it opens a new page.  Is this expected?  I want to use the HTML5 player so it works on ipads and other devices...even though I have the iTunes link you never know.:

http://www.v-fit.us/podcasts/episode-9-open-discussion/

StitchTek

Re: HTML5 Player in Firefox and Safari
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 04:23:46 pm »
Or better yet why is it not trying th flash version before flipping to a new page.  I thought it went down the line automatically:

HTML5
Flash
new page
Download

"Flow Player Classic is used when HTML5 support is not available." This is not what I am seeing I guess, it's going right to opening in a new window.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 04:34:34 pm by StitchTek »

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 08:38:22 pm »
You have javascript errors in your pages which is preventing the player javascript from executing. In such a case, the link is simply followed (just as it would if JavaScript was disabled). Fix your javascript errors in the page and you'll fix your play issues.

StitchTek

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 08:44:48 pm »
interesting I don't how to see the JS error.  I wonder if it is a minimize issue with the caching plugin.  not to sound stupid can you tell me how you saw the error?  Firebug or something else?

StitchTek

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 08:49:30 pm »
The only error in Firebug I see is a Disqus plugin error

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 08:51:02 pm »
I am using Firefox, when I click the javascript it does not execute, instead does the a href link, telling me there's a javascript error on the page.

StitchTek

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2013, 08:52:31 pm »
Yes, but firebug show no page errors at all so I've no idea how to find a JS error if the tool of choice to locate them does not indicate an error.  Firebug never really misses anything.  Firebug is pretty much the standard so I'm not 100% convinced there is an error there.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 08:55:52 pm by StitchTek »

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2013, 09:01:17 pm »
I see errors, just look at the browser's error console after you click the link. Just a guess it's some overly assertive Google analytics plugin.

If you want our assistance to fix your web site, please use our contact form www.blubrry.com/contact.php, reply with our consultation rate details and schedule a time that works best for you to help you fix your site.

Otherwise, start from the basics, switch between the default twenty twelve theme and your theme, disable plugins one by one, etc.. until you discover what the problem is.

StitchTek

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2013, 09:06:17 pm »
Thanks  I use the SEO Google plugin which is very stable so that would be interesting if it was that plugin.  Yoast is very good with his code.  I'll poke around it.

It seems to be the Yoast Google Analytics plugin, but like I said his stuff is usually VERY high quality, everyone knows his plugins.  I'm sure even your guys know about him, so curious what the issue is.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 09:25:57 pm by StitchTek »

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2013, 09:35:38 pm »
If your using yoast's analytics plugin, make sure your using the latest version, I fixed this very issue with his plugin last summer.

StitchTek

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2013, 09:38:43 pm »
Yeah I just checked it's running 4.2.8 which is the latest :/.  The only thing that comes to mind is you guys have had more updates recently than he has.  I cannot tell when his last update came out but if you fixed this issue before, maybe you can reach out to him again :).  Pretty much EVERYONE uses his SEO and Google analytics plugin :) Thanks for all the input though!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 09:42:38 pm by StitchTek »