Author Topic: Google Analytics and Powerpress Conflict  (Read 532 times)

mrarlen

Google Analytics and Powerpress Conflict
« on: January 26, 2013, 08:02:38 pm »
I was having a couple problems:
-Player not appearing on iPhone 4
-Player only appearing on Archive pages and not in Posts (Changing to the "Yes, try to fix this" setting helped)

From reading other posts, I believe there's a javascript conflict with Google Analytics code. 

I moved the Google Analytics code to my footer and everything cleared up.  Hope this post can help someone.  Please reply if this helps or if problems remain. 

angelo

• Custom Title
  • Administrator
  • CIO, RawVoice
    • Angelo's Blog
Re: Google Analytics and Powerpress Conflict
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 09:23:48 am »
The "Google Analytics code" is supposed to be added at the bottom of the HTML, as Google instructs. That would explain a lot.

swthomas55

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 01:23:14 am »
I don't know if I ran into the same problem as mrarlen, exactly. I had the "track outbound clicks & downloads" option turned on in the Google Analytics for WordPress plugin. It was rewriting the embedded javascript for the (HTML5) audio player in such a way that the HTML was no longer syntactically correct. This caused the embedded player to not work. Turning off that option fixed my problem.

I think this is actually a bug in the Google Analytics for WordPress plugin, so I don't expect there's anything you can do about it, but maybe this note will alert other users to the problem.

swthomas55

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 01:39:12 am »
There is already a bug posted on the Google Analytics forum at Wordpress.org for the problem that I encountered:
http://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-causing-js-errors-with-bluburry-player?replies=5#post-3825639

StitchTek

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 09:19:54 am »
Thanks for the fix.  Can this code be updated in the PowerPress plugin permanently to cover this?  That Yoast plugin is widely used and I had opened a forum issue for it.  Previously it was blamed on Yoast's plugin but it seems the powerpress plugin can be properly altered to fix this.  Can we get a permanent update?

angelo

• Custom Title
  • Administrator
  • CIO, RawVoice
    • Angelo's Blog
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 09:33:30 am »
This cannot be fixed in PowerPress. You can fix it by going to the  "track outbound clicks & downloads" option and turn that off. I'm emailing Yoast now to see why the fix I added was removed.

angelo

• Custom Title
  • Administrator
  • CIO, RawVoice
    • Angelo's Blog
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013, 04:00:50 pm »
I just came up with an idea how to get around this, but it's not a quick fix, I need to develop a solution. If you are interested in helping me, please email me at cio [at] rawvoice dot com. Thanks!