Author Topic: Deleting Programs  (Read 240 times)

jonathanchoicez6611

Deleting Programs
« on: January 21, 2013, 01:09:39 am »
Hi everyone,

I am a bit new to Blubrry and an taking over my own podcasts. Someone else set them up in Blubrry a while back but I was not aware that they had done so.

As a result I think I went in to my Blubrry account today and created some duplicate programs. By the time I realised I had created duplicates I was a bit lost in the forest of podcasting.

My situation is complicated in that I deliver the same podcast on two different Wordpress websites. They are at here http://www.choicez.com.au/category/podcast/ and also appear here http://jonathandoyle.co/weekly-podcast/

A final complication is that the podcast also goes to Itunes (you can find it on Itunes under my name Jonathan Doyle)

I guess I have these questions:

1. Can I just delete all the current four programs and start again?

2. Will deleting them damage any historical data even though I had not previously linked them in Wordpress.

3. Will deleting them damage anything in Itunes?

4. Does it cause any issues for Blubrry that the same podcast is running on two sites?

I think I may have other questions but that might be start.

Thanks for your patience. I really like PowerPress and want to get my head around it.

Jonathan

angelo

• Custom Title
  • Administrator
  • CIO, RawVoice
    • Angelo's Blog
Re: Deleting Programs
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 02:17:34 pm »
Use the contact form www.blubrry.com/contact.php and indicate which programs / program keywords you want deleted from your account, and also use your account email address.

angelo

• Custom Title
  • Administrator
  • CIO, RawVoice
    • Angelo's Blog
Re: Deleting Programs
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 02:19:26 pm »
As far as your 2 web sites for the same podcast are concerned, obviously you need to maintain the one that feeds iTunes. The other site  doesn't hurt your iTunes listing, but it would dramatically hurt your Search Engine Optimization, which is beyond just podcasting but a general web site issue.