Author Topic: player options?  (Read 699 times)

ammcf

player options?
« on: January 10, 2013, 05:01:52 pm »
If it exists, I'm not seeing it... in powerpress is there a way to insert or embed a player (either in a page or in a widget in the sidebar) that posts a player that links to all episodes, with either a menu to select episodes in the feed or each one already listed individually? I noticed libsyn has this and wondered if blubrry does... Here's an example of one of libsyn's options - http://wp.me/P2qJc7-17M

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Re: player options?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 08:41:42 am »
You lost me at "links to all episodes", I don't see that in the player you linked to. The sidebar of your WordPress blog you linked to has links to all the episodes, most likely a category sidebar widget is doing that, that's built into WordPress. PowerPress already includes players, they should appear in the post you created the podcast episode for.

Some other thoughts:

Go to PowerPress settings > Basic Settings tab, for the option labeled "embed field", check the box then save the changes. Every episode from that point in the episode box you will be able to copy/paste an embed from sites like YouTube, which will take the place of the default PowerPress player.

Check out the plugins others have made to extend PowerPress listed on the FAQ page: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/powerpress/faq/ In particular, Message Flow will allow you to link to all your episodes in a page, so you could put on your home page the message flow plugin shortcode, then folks can stay on your home page and navigate your episodes.

ammcf

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 10:18:39 am »
Thanks for the reply Angelo... the player I linked to has an option at the top, center-right, that says "more episodes." There you can see all published episodes and choose another, right there in the player. I will check out "message flow" though, sounds promising!

I just looked at message flow... is there a way to include all past episodes, not just the last 10?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 10:23:01 am by ammcf »

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 06:36:06 pm »
I think you can change the last 10 to the last X. You have to contact the author why he put a limit on it, may be a limitation with the database query.