Author Topic: Player Only Shows up on Homepage, No Player on Individual Posts  (Read 789 times)

mrarlen

Player Only Shows up on Homepage, No Player on Individual Posts
« on: January 15, 2013, 05:18:18 pm »
I've read through a bunch of forum posts, but can't seem to find the answer to this one. 

I'm trying to display the player "Above content" 

What is the hook Powerpress is using to accomplish this?  Perhaps I have a theme problem.  It worked until about a month ago and sadly, I'm just figuring it out now. 

The site is http://thegoodlifehawaii.com

Any help would be appreciated.

mrarlen

Re: Player Only Shows up on Homepage, No Player on Individual Posts
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 07:27:58 pm »
I found a forum post which was helpful. 

I went to the powerpress settings, Media Appearance, and changed the "Having Problems" to "Yes, please try to fix".  That helped the problem. 

I then followed another post's advice to turn off plugins one by one until you find a plugin that restores the player.  None of the plugins was the problem. 
The problem is a theme conflict with TISA from Themify. 

Any tips on how to troubleshoot the theme confilct? 

It would be helpful if there was a sticky post with known theme and plugin conflicts along with version numbers.  But I know that's a pain to manage. 

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 09:10:31 am »
The players are showing up for me in Firefox and Chrome on Mac.  Clear the cache on your browser after you make changes to make sure the browser didn't cache the player.

-Mike

mrarlen

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 05:59:31 pm »
Yes, as I noted, above, changing the settings helped.

But I want to troubleshoot the  conflict.  I would like more information on that.