Author Topic: Custom Podcast Channels Error: You do not have sufficient permissions to access  (Read 1321 times)

jamesdelong

Hello,

I was looking for some options to separate my feeds, one for audio and one for video and was told this could be done with bluberry so I am giving that a whirl.
The problem I am having to test this out is when I get to the Custom Podcast Channels link I get an error. It reads "You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page."

To try and fix this issue I've done a few things.
1. made sure I was logged in as admin
2. made every other plugin inactive
3. log out and back in to see if it would correct it.
4. logged in ftp and deleted all plugins expect for this one
5. put all plugins back and tried again.

Last I contacted my hosting company and they asked for a login to check it out and when they did, they said it was the plugin was not compatible with the lastest workdpress I had.
I am using WordPress 3.5 and the latest plugin from this site.

Please let me know if there is something else I need to do.

My goal is to have my blog post an embedded video and podcast in the same post but to have one feed go to itunes as video and the other as audio.
I was originally just going to do two separate posts but that doesn't seem like a good idea.

Thank you in advance for your help.

angelo

• Custom Title
  • Administrator
  • CIO, RawVoice
    • Angelo's Blog
What version of PowerPress are you using? PowerPress 4.0.5+ is compatible with WordPress 3.5, so it may just be a matter of updating your plugin. The "insufficient permissions" error has to do with account management plugins modifying the roles and capabilities of users, so you will want to check that administrator has full access of course. If you had a roles and capabilities plugin installed previously, re-install it and make sure the administrator role for your account has has all the capabilities you need to manage plugins.

jamesdelong

I am still getting that error even after a fresh install from the download via http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/powerpress/

My account should have full access as it was the only one I had.  *admin.
I created a new account for the hostgator people to login and try and they couldn't get it to work either.
I don't believe I ever had a roles and capabilities plug installed. 
I did remove all my plugins again to give this new version a try and still getting "You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page." errors.

angelo

• Custom Title
  • Administrator
  • CIO, RawVoice
    • Angelo's Blog
Goto powerpress tools > diagnostics, at bottom enter my email address, cc yourself and submit. cio at rawvoice dot com. Include the option "list of plugins" as well so I can duplicate list.

Most likely something is conflicting that you're using, either plugin, theme, wp install, hosting setup, etx... the diagnostics will help me recreate the same testing environment to figure that out.

jamesdelong

Thank you for looking into this.  I sent the email.
I really appreciate the help you guys offer with your product/services.

angelo

• Custom Title
  • Administrator
  • CIO, RawVoice
    • Angelo's Blog
I got the diagnostic email, there are a lot more plugins than you said, 20 from the list you sent. And this looks to have come from your live site not the test one you said you created that duplicated the problem with only 2 plugins.

Can you send me the diagnostics from the other testing website where you only had akismet and jetpack installed?

If you want me to spend time diagnosing all these other possible plugin conflicts, you will need to hire us as consultants. Jetpack/akismet only on a fresh wordpress install obviously shouldn't be causing issues and I will test that.

jamesdelong

this was the same site.  I put all my plugins back to original state.   
I got this error with the 20+ plugins and then I deleted them all and still had that error so I put them back in.
I didn't have a test site, this is the only one I had with it.

I will remove all the plugins again and give it another try.

angelo

• Custom Title
  • Administrator
  • CIO, RawVoice
    • Angelo's Blog
I just setup a new WordPress installation, WordPress 3.5 with PowerPress 4.0.5 no other plugins as you sent me, only difference I see is php version I'm using is 5.3.x (Your using 5.2.x, but shouldn't be causing this permissions issue).

What is the theme you are using? If it is a theme system, or a complicated theme at some level it may be causing the problems. IF it's not a paid theme, please include the link to it and I'll install and test with that theme. We don't get involved with paid themes.

Also, try switching to the Twenty Eleven or Twenty Twelve theme from WordPRess.org then try, that will confirm if it's the theme causing the issue as those themes are pretty rock solid.

jamesdelong

I was able to get it to work now.
There is an option from the Advanced Options screen that needed to be checked.
I needed to put a check next to Custom Podcast Channels and  Category Podcasting.  I only had Category Podcasting checked off. 

Thank you so much for looking into this for me. 
I highly recommend your service because it's a great product and you guys go above and beyond to help.

Thank you again,
James Delong

angelo

• Custom Title
  • Administrator
  • CIO, RawVoice
    • Angelo's Blog
Thanks!

And I'll look into that, you shouldn't have to have both enabled but there may be something happening with the enable category that's not happening for the channels I'll double check.