Author Topic: How to address a feed issue - Advice needed  (Read 997 times)

jtcobb

How to address a feed issue - Advice needed
« on: December 10, 2012, 02:22:26 pm »
Hi - I have a book coming out and it has already gone to press with a references to interviews being available at http://www.booksite.com/podcast. When I set up PowerPress not too long ago as a way to publish these interviews and subsequent podcast episodes I will be doing, PowerPress automatically set up my feed at http://www.booksite.com/podcast. The problem is that my intent had been to send people to a page that listed and provided links to the specific podcast interviews mentioned in the book. I suspect the average reader is going to have no idea what to do when they arrive on a feed page (and eventually all of the book interviews will be pushed down the page anyway.)

So, my question is: what is the best way to go about changing the feed?  I could redirect /podcast to something else for a while, but eventually I'd like to be able to stop redirecting so that the page referenced in the book will be valid and can do what I had intended it to do. And besides, if I stop redirecting, it is still there as a podcast feed PowerPress, and there doesn't seem to be anyway to change that.

Is there any way to address this, or am I just stuck with what I've got?

JTC

mgdell

• Blubrry Support
  • Administrator
  • Tech Support for Blubrry and RawVoice Inc
    • Mike Dell's World
Re: How to address a feed issue - Advice needed
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 09:58:09 am »
You must have some sort of plugin that is removing the /feed/ from your podcast URL. 

If everything was working as normal, your feed should be www.booksite.com/feed/podcast/ from powerpress.   This would solve your problem as you could have your static page be /podcast/ and your feed be /feed/podcast/

The best way is to figure out which plugin (or it could be in your theme) is causing the feed URL to change.   Turn off plugins one by one until the feed goes back to normal.

-Mike

angelo

• Custom Title
  • Administrator
  • CIO, RawVoice
    • Angelo's Blog
Re: How to address a feed issue - Advice needed
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 11:33:40 am »
Mike, he's not using WordPress, so there's no plugin.

From observation, it appears you need help getting a feed and web site stared for your podcast. You can hire us as consultants and we can help you with that. Use the contact form for more details www.blubrry.com/contact.php.