Author Topic: Streaming The Video Feed  (Read 568 times)

jkristianson

Streaming The Video Feed
« on: December 08, 2012, 08:36:58 pm »
Is it possible in blubrry with the video player to stream the feed from my host?  It's annoying to make the user wait 20-30 seconds for the video to load before it starts playing.  I don't mind them having to hit the play button.  It's hard to see the bar loading at the bottom.  I don't want them to leave before seeing the video.

I'm trying to decide if there's a setting I'm missing somewhere for the video to start playing while the rest is loading.

Any help would be great!

Joel

angelo

• Custom Title
  • Administrator
  • CIO, RawVoice
    • Angelo's Blog
Re: Streaming The Video Feed
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 09:14:16 am »
Two things pop to mind, either your hosting does not support byte serving and/or your video is not saved optimized for the web. If your media hosting is not robust you can also have delayed playback.

Read this page on H.264 video for podcasting: http://www.podcastfaq.com/creating-podcast/video/h-264-mp4-m4v-tips/

jkristianson

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 07:54:57 pm »
Thanks so much for the reply.  I do have the files optimized for web playback through Handbrake and seem to have them coded properly.  They fast start through the JWPlayer embedded with Optimize Press but for some reason not on the Blubrry player.  I'll keep experimenting.

Thanks Again!  Joel

angelo

• Custom Title
  • Administrator
  • CIO, RawVoice
    • Angelo's Blog
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 08:10:07 pm »
Without a link to the media file we can't give you much more feedback.

jkristianson

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 08:32:56 pm »
Thanks Angelo, what's funny is that it streams on the iphone from the same host but not on the blubrry player.  Here's a link if you're interested.

http://traffic.libsyn.com/therenovationplace/TRPMain4.mp4

I've tried it as an m4v file format too and that doesn't seem to make a difference.

Thanks again!

Joel

angelo

• Custom Title
  • Administrator
  • CIO, RawVoice
    • Angelo's Blog
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 09:30:49 am »
Perhaps there's some other issue, I just copied that URL, put it in my dev PowerPress configured with Flow Player Classic, click play and within 5 seconds it started playing.