Author Topic: PLEASE preserve custom episode labels  (Read 2756 times)

ItsRainmakingTime

PLEASE preserve custom episode labels
« on: November 26, 2012, 06:55:03 pm »
We have created a specific format for labeling all the podcasts in our Media Statistics Interface for two reasons: 1) the file names were comparatively ugly and 2) we wanted to include the name of the guest and an episode number in order to keep our files better organized.

In the new Media Statistics interface, these labels have completely disappeared. We're pretty unhappy about that. Please don't get rid of custom labels. They make it easier for us to find files in our (frankly massive) list of podcasts - over 300 to date.

In general, the new Media Stats interface feels cumbersome. It looks like the biggest differences are a lot of extra padding on block elements and larger text. Any way you could have an adjustable layout, kind of like how Gmail has their "Comfortable", "Cozy", and "Compact" layout settings, or at least leave the legacy interface? We are not seeing much benefit to the new interface yet.

~Andy Abang
on behalf of Kim Greenhouse and It's Rainmaking Time!®

Todd

• Administrator
Re: PLEASE preserve custom episode labels
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 09:27:02 pm »
I am sure Angelo will weigh in here on whats planned. I think Premium users have the ability to go back to the old interface now. Most of the new features are not able to be seen by non-premium members watch the demo video to see what we have added and if you feel we are providing a good service sign up for the $5.00 a month plan to help us support future development.

http://www.powerpresspodcast.com/2012/11/21/new-podcast-stats-interface-demo/

Todd..

ItsRainmakingTime

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 10:57:07 pm »
For the record, we are a premium account.

Todd

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 11:37:02 pm »
Look at the bottom right of the main page. You will see the return to the old interface link

ItsRainmakingTime

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 11:37:01 am »
Todd,

Thank you, I am well-aware of the link to the old stats interface. But I want to be careful about derailing to point of my post, which was not looking for a way to "get around" the new interface, but rather a Feature Request for something that Blubrry is apparently phasing out.

We think Blubrry is an amazing tool, and really the only worthwhile podcasting plugin available for WordPress at present. I have found the old stats interface very useful and well thought out. I don't feel the same about the new interface - in fact I feel that it is a drop in quality from the legacy interface. We will continue to purchase stats as a premium account, but I wanted to weigh in while the new interface is still in development. Please do not phase out custom labels for the new interface.

Todd

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 01:22:24 pm »
Talked with Angelo this morning because the feature is used by a very small percentage of the user base he just did not have time to put the functionality back in. Its on the to-do list to put back in. I do not have a timeline at the moment but rest assured it is on the list.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 10:52:55 am »
Yes no need to stress, it will be added before the ned of the year. In the mean time you can use the link to switch to the older interface, bottom right corner of each page of the new system.