Author Topic: Blubrry stats VS Libsyn stats - why are they different?  (Read 3000 times)

ammcf

Blubrry stats VS Libsyn stats - why are they different?
« on: November 20, 2012, 01:46:17 pm »
OK, I know that I started my hosting with libsyn a bit later than I was tracking them with blubrry, so that's a small part of the discrepancy, but not THIS much. I'm curious what could be contributing to the stats being off so far... any guesses?

BLUBRRY - from WP dashboard

LIBSYN - from their site

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Re: Blubrry stats VS Libsyn stats - why are they different?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 03:58:25 pm »
We report unique download totals as well as adjusted "total" adjusted for shared networks such as universities and large corporations. The unique IP information is a pretty concrete metric, there were that many unique Internet Protocol (IP) addresses that downloaded your media. We can't speak for a competitor, but I suspect they are having issues of some sort. Blubrry statistics are designed the way they are because we use them for reporting to advertisers, we take every precaution necessary to provide the most accurate and audit-able downloadable media statistics in the industry.

Can you share a link to your podcast feed URL? Perhaps Blubrry statistics is capturing URLs that are not hosted at LibSyn, a quick look will tell us real quick.

ammcf

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 04:14:06 pm »
Thanks Angelo... the feed I have is this: http://christianhomeandfamily.libsyn.com/rss

And btw... I like the blubrry numbers a lot better!  ::)

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 04:24:36 pm »
The feed you just gave me a link to is empty. Are you sure it's http://christianhomeandfamily.libsyn.com/rss?

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 04:30:02 pm »
Your iTunes listing is getting populated by this feed (http://www.christianhomeandfamily.com/feed/podcast/).

You will want to contact LibSyn to see if they are still having issues with Apple software and devices, that may explain why Blubrry statistics for you account appear inflated (though again unique IP data is pretty solid data). We have other Statistics users who use Libsyn that have not reported this problem kind of problme, usually the statistics are the other way around and we are under reporting compared to LibSyn by about 5-15%.

ammcf

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2012, 06:09:08 pm »
Hmmmmm.... that's the feed libsyn gives me... I'll check on it!