Author Topic: Remove player on posts (woothemes premiere) or create new hidden category?  (Read 1176 times)

timebinder

I am setting a new site up and want to use blubrry podcast with the superb video integration of woothemes premiere video theme.

Thus, I want to embed youtube videos to woothemes but also include my own media files as a blubrry podcast while hiding the blubrry player from the post.

http://www.survival2020.com/videos/test2/

Is that possible?

Alternatively, I could create a separate hidden category only used for blubrry media podcasts.

What do you think?

thanks
Gavriel

angelo

• Custom Title
  • Administrator
  • CIO, RawVoice
    • Angelo's Blog
Re: Remove player on posts (woothemes premiere) or create new hidden category?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 12:48:49 am »
Question 1: YES. PowerPress Settings > Basic Settings tab, under "Episode Entry Options", check the box for "Embed", then also select the appropriate sub-option to use the embed in place of the player.

Question 2: Ahh what? You can't really make a category hidden, and just because something is in a category doesn't mean the theme or PowerPress for that matter will do something different to not display the content.

timebinder

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 03:31:14 pm »
Hi Angelo,

Thanks for the insight, I selected the settings:

Media URL - which I can't unselect
Media File Size and Duration
Embed Field
Replace Player with Embed

And true enough, the embed video shows up without the normal player. Awesome.

However with the WooThemes Premiere theme, it also has its own embed code field, by which to add the video so it displays and auto-sizes on the homepage slider and sidebar widgets.

So what I'm wondering is how to include a podcast feed so people can subscribe, but still use the native premiere theme embed field so the theme works properly.

That's why I wondered if I could somehow create a 'hidden' category that would serve only as the podcast subscription and itunes field using blubrry.

Any more ideas?

Much appreciated.
Gavriel

angelo

• Custom Title
  • Administrator
  • CIO, RawVoice
    • Angelo's Blog
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 03:48:49 pm »
I would contact them theme developer and see if they could add functionality to grab the embed data from PowerPress and display that with their widget controls. If you paid the developer for the theme, then they will gladly add custom development for you, at a price of course.