Author Topic: Daily Stats in Media Statistics?  (Read 1008 times)

tony

Daily Stats in Media Statistics?
« on: November 06, 2012, 10:00:10 am »
When can we expect the ability to see daily and / or hourly stats in the Media Statistics? Knowing month-to-date and month-over-month stats is fine, but it cuts off visibility at 30,000 feet. To give one example, I would like to start A/B testing to see which day of the week is the best day to publish new episodes. Totally impossible without daily stats.

Like any good forum noob, I read a handful of other posts to see if this topic has been addressed. It looks like it has come up previously, with angelo indicating in September that some sort of "update to the statistics system" is imminent. Also, in February, angelo indicated that daily stats were "on our feature TODO list."

Can anyone provide anymore concrete details as to what we can expect and when? I recently upgraded to premium statistics, and so far it has been pretty underwhelming.

angelo

• Custom Title
  • Administrator
  • CIO, RawVoice
    • Angelo's Blog
Re: Daily Stats in Media Statistics?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 01:12:01 pm »
In the new interface, this is available under "Trending" > "Day to Day".  The new interface is currently only available to paid users but in the future will be available to all, though specific features such as Trending will only be available to premium users.

tony

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 01:28:23 pm »
I am a paid user and it is not working for me. On the new statistics interface, in the upper left nav area (History), all the links appear to be working, though they only give high-level, summary data. For instance, when I click 'Complete' I get two numbers: Total downloads and total unique downloads; nothing else. Is that correct?

On the lower left nav area (Report), none of the links do anything. When I click 'Day-to-Day' it loads the URL: http://stats.blubrry.com/stats/s-[XXXXX]/#trending_day, but no data loads. Could this be a browser issue? I am using Chrome 23.0.1271.64.

angelo

• Custom Title
  • Administrator
  • CIO, RawVoice
    • Angelo's Blog
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 01:47:07 pm »
Those links should work, they are the "meat" of the new interface.

We updated the system this morning, your browser may have a mix-match of the pages cached. Try clearing your browser cache and then go into the new interface. If that still does not work, please let me know what browser and operating system you are using so I can test in our development environment.

tony

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 01:56:16 pm »
Angelo, clearing the cache seems to have worked. Thanks for the assistance. This is a nice improvement over the previous interface.

Which brings me to the next feature request: Day-by-Day stats per episode. Is that on the TODO list?

angelo

• Custom Title
  • Administrator
  • CIO, RawVoice
    • Angelo's Blog
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 02:09:29 pm »
yes, and when that is available it will go back just over 3 years initially. By years end we will have all the reports updated all the way back to when we started the statistics system in 2006.

angelo

• Custom Title
  • Administrator
  • CIO, RawVoice
    • Angelo's Blog
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2012, 02:10:05 pm »
By the way, the new interface lends itself nicely to being accessed by tablets.

cimmerian

• A Terceira Terra
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2012, 05:31:28 am »
I'm having the same problem as Tony, but clearing cache and cookies (and even reseting the browser) didn't work. I'm using Safari 6.0.2 on a MacBook Air. My show's Terceira Terra.

angelo

• Custom Title
  • Administrator
  • CIO, RawVoice
    • Angelo's Blog
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2012, 11:46:53 pm »
Are you still having this problem?

cimmerian

• A Terceira Terra
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2012, 11:56:06 pm »
Yep. Flat lines all over.

angelo

• Custom Title
  • Administrator
  • CIO, RawVoice
    • Angelo's Blog
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2012, 10:47:41 am »
Do you have a paid account or a free basic account?

We currently have a delay in place for updating individual episode data for free users, this will be fixed after the new year, system update coming this Friday.

cimmerian

• A Terceira Terra
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2012, 10:56:55 am »
Yes, mine's a paid account.

angelo

• Custom Title
  • Administrator
  • CIO, RawVoice
    • Angelo's Blog
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2012, 10:59:12 am »
Strange, please send me an email cio [at] rawvoice.com, include the program name and any other details that may help me investigate.

cimmerian

• A Terceira Terra
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2012, 06:02:25 pm »
OK, e-mail sent.