Author Topic: Episodes mixed in stats  (Read 1212 times)

ali

Episodes mixed in stats
« on: October 28, 2012, 07:54:53 am »
Hello,

I have two podcasts going on blubrry one with hosting the other not. They are both published from my wordpress blog and I am using category podcasting to separate the podcasts. When I look at the stats at blubrry, the episodes are mixed and I get episodes from both podcasts/programs mixed up in the stats section of each program.

Is this normal? Don't the stats get separated for each program. I have the redirect url in place for each program.

Thanks for your time.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Re: Episodes mixed in stats
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 04:57:33 pm »
Category podcasting is a simple way to create 2 or more like podcast programs (feeds). Usually your 2 shows have the same main title, with sub-titles and they are similar content. If your doing two completely different programs, category podcasting is not a very good way to go because your search engine optimization and site branding cannot be separated.

Either way, Blubrry statistics has to be measured based on your blog site, it cannot be done by category. We've discussed this a number of times in this forum before. In a quick explanation, categories can overlap, when viewing a post via a page you don't know if the user came to that post via one category or another and it adds confusion to say the least. So only one stats account per WordPress blog currently.

ali

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 05:23:39 am »
Thanks for the reply Angelo,

So if I have one stats account for the two podcasts if I were to sign up for an advertising contract how would that work with blubrry?

So far to get a realistic idea of the stats for each podcast I have simply deleted the episodes that I don't want considered in the stats total. How would blubrry consider the stats from my account for the two different programs. Could I put advertsing on one and not the other or would I have to put it on both as there is one stats account per wordpress blog.

Of course setting up another blog wouldn't be a problem but I have my website security plan on my main site and because I recently got hacked and had to start it all from scratch I'm reluctant start up other sites which would be an easier target for the hackers.

As I said before only one of the podcasts is hosted with blubrry but I am considering hosting the other as well. Would a way around this be also hosting the second podcast with blubrry and then using the blubrry Homepage feature for the second podcast.

The two podcasts are related and there is some audience overlap but they are not on the same subject.

Thanks for your time.

Todd

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 12:31:33 pm »
So long as we have the stats for the program in question we are good. In our reporting system it is real easy for me to break it out. Here is a suggestion though please keep the file naming convention such that I can easily tell which show the episode belongs to..

Example my show Geek News Central the media is listed as GNC-2012-11-01.mp3 my Saturday Morning Tech Show is listed SMT-2012-11-01.mp3

I just need to be able to break them out when I am looking in the campaign system.

Todd..

ali

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 04:20:14 am »
Thanks for the reply, yes that makes perfect sense. I will make sure I have the name convention enabled.