Author Topic: I think VideoJs is giving me false statistics  (Read 2068 times)

Zachary DuBois

I think VideoJs is giving me false statistics
« on: October 04, 2012, 03:40:00 pm »
Hi,
I am pretty sure VideoJs is giving me false stats on my blubrry account by pre-loading my video. I have pre-load set to off on the VideoJs settings. Could I have some help?
- Thanks

Zachary DuBois

Re: I think VideoJs is giving me false statistics
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 07:00:24 am »
Edit:
Could you add support for other video plugins? Like have a video plugin setup assistant so I may make my own video plugin.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 09:54:13 am »
If you use it in PowerPress, PowerPress automatically sets the preload flag to false for Video JS. Are you using Blubrry Statistics? What is your program called and please reply with a link to the video player so we can take a look.

If you can find a good video player plugin on WordPress.org, reply with it in this thread and we'll take a look. If the plugin is written in a way that PowerPress can interface with it, then we'll add it.

Your best option though is the HTML5 player in PowerPress, which has FlowPlayer classic fallback when HTML5 is not present. You can set your own player image and artwork that appears on all browsers, it's only when the user clicks to play that the platform specific HTML5 player appears, it's the best of both worlds.

Zachary DuBois

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 04:00:33 pm »
I am using Blubrry Free Statistics. My video player can be found here: http://accountproductions.com/games/.
And about the adding of another player, I meant to have a setup assistant for the WordPress tags to embed it in a post.
Ex:
What is the tag head: "video"
What is the URL tag: "mp4="
Use quotes around the media URL? [X]
This is what I meant by a setup assistant so I may make my own video player and have it work through WordPress' tag system to embed plugins into a post. I do not want to have to post my video player plugin to WordPress.

Zachary DuBois

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 09:47:24 am »
Also, you might want to look at the new Flowplayer HTML5 player. Looks pretty nice. I have been playing around with it a bit.
http://flowplayer.org
I am still going to make my own. I need it for the website I am making.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 06:22:20 am »
it sounds like you're using videojs directly (not through powerpress). This forum is to provide support for powerpress and podcasting, if you need help with videojs on. A web site using the videojs player directly I would recommend contacting the videojs folks.

If your creating your own player, there's not much help we can provide you here. Once its done and its a plugin hosted at wordpress.org, let us know about it and we'll see if we can add it as an option to powerpress. I asume you will have your own forum to support your video player at that point correct?

Zachary DuBois

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2012, 11:53:37 am »
No, I am using videojs though powerpress. It is still pre-loading it though. Just head on to the site and you can see the player pre-load the video. https://accountproductions.com/games/2012/09/tekkit-part-2-series-1/. This post I used the powerpress box to add the video URL to make the player.

If I do submit my player I will contact you and I have help and bug tracker already installed on my site (help.accountproductions.com, bug.accountproductions.com)

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2012, 10:32:27 pm »
I am viewing in Firefox and see no pre-loading. What web browser are you using?

There is a known issue with Safari ignoring the autoload flag of HTML5, but other browsers should abide by it.

Zachary DuBois

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2012, 11:30:47 pm »
Ah that would explain it. I am using safari. I just loaded up Chrome and Firefox and there was no problems. Thanks. Also, you should look into the new HTML5 flowplayer. Looks really nice and has no pre-load problems with any browser.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2012, 11:58:17 pm »
It's on our TODO list, problem though is FlowPlayer 3+ claims to use a GPL license even though it's not GPL, which is a problem since we need to bundle everything as GPL in order for the plugin to listed on WordPress.org.

If FlowPlayer 5 had it's own WordPress plugin, then we would be able to interface with it.

Zachary DuBois

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2012, 12:13:38 am »
Give them a email. Im sure they would allow it. As long as you don't allow access to the premium features (AKA branding). If you do, I just thought of something really cool you can do with it. Use the playlist feature to display the past 9 video podcasts at the end of the podcast you would be watching.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2012, 12:31:47 am »
Re-read this threadforum and my comments regarding FlowPlayer 3+. We can't package FlowPlayer 3+, if we could we would have already.

I would recommend you contact FlowPlayer folks and ask them to develop and support their own WordPress plugin. If they do, let us know and we'll look into interlacing with it like we've done with the official VideoJS plugin for WordPress. This is the preferred method for how we will incorporate additional players in the future so we don't have to worry about licensing.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 12:48:50 am by angelo »

Zachary DuBois

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2012, 01:06:58 am »
Ok just sent them an email.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2012, 09:47:40 am »
See if MediaElement.js plugin (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/media-element-html5-video-and-audio-player/) works better for you as far as not auto-loading. We may include that as another player option since it does both audio and video, and it's already on WordPress.org as a plugin.

Zachary DuBois

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2012, 12:00:27 pm »
Well I have to make a video player anyways. So I might as well.