Author Topic: After many successful episodes sudden Operation Time Out issues.  (Read 1103 times)

Gratcast

I have been using Powerpress for weeks now with no issues and suddenly today when I tried to post our latest episode the file would not validate.  90% of the time it would come back as a 'operation time out' and 10% as a text link that did work but would not add to the post.

I tried erasing the file and reuploading - did not work.
I even tried to attach a previous episode that is up and working and that did not work either.

The only thing that has changed since my last post was adding cloudflare CDN to increase my site speed.  I had to change the nameservers for the set up by I do not think this is the issue because the old podcast files are still active and the test link had the correct file.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Gratcast

Re: After many successful episodes sudden Operation Time Out issues.
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 08:34:36 pm »
 :-\  Update.  It does locate an mp3 file just fine.  My episodes are always m4a and they haven't had issues before, is this from an update bug?

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 10:34:46 am »
Where do you get the timeout?  In the podcast feed or when doing a direct download?

What is the address for your website and feed?

-Mike

Gratcast

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 08:46:15 pm »
Thanks for the response MGDELL

I get the error when putting the file name in the backend window in a post. Right when you click verify after you enter the link.

The website is http://gratcast.com and the issue is with the latest episode. When you look at the length or download they are vacant, but video image plays correctly.

Very weird.

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 10:19:42 pm »
The file played for me. 

Make sure you reset the cache in your browser and try it again.

-Mike

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 10:48:05 am »
I see an issue, there are 2 media redirects in the settings, please pick one and remove the other. PowerPress Settings > Stats and Statistics, section titled "Media Stats URLs".

Gratcast

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 02:49:01 am »
MGDELL,

It does play, but the time length is no longer detected and it claims error when you submit the file on the backend. I have tried clear the cache and resetting the browser several times. It seems to be something that has come up since the latest update.

Angelo,

Thank you for the heads up, I will change that right away.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2012, 09:53:18 am »
Disable WP total Cache plugin. For what ever reason all your media files are being passed through that plugin, which is a terrible idea and will slow your site down to a crawl. Additionally it's commonplace not to host your media on the same server as you web site. We provide podcast media hosting specifically for this problem. Our hosting integrates seamlessly with PowerPress as well, making it even easier to publish episodes.

Caching plugins are nothing but problems, if your web site is setup correctly then it's absolutely not necessary to use them. Only time they may be helpful is when you have one of those budget $5/month hosting plans, which is useless if you ever have plans on getting a lot of web traffic.