Author Topic: Please help me fix the feed error  (Read 1341 times)

whozane

Please help me fix the feed error
« on: July 14, 2012, 03:35:40 pm »
Hello here is my feed esl.culips.com/feed/podcast/
I am getting 3 errors and I have no idea on how to fix it or what file to edit I was banking on this plugin but now i dont know what to do and it is very important and urgent as there a subscribers complaining.

CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME FIX THIS...

ON WHICH FILE AND WHERE TO FIX THE ERRORS

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
Re: Please help me fix the feed error
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 07:09:00 pm »
The Language error is the only error and it will be fixed in the next release of powerpress.

The other 2 are warnings and shouldn't cause any problems.

-Mike

whozane

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 07:30:43 pm »
But for some reason my podcasts are not showing on itunes

What do i do to fix that. For the last two weeks the podcasts uploaded have not be sent to iTunes is it because of the feed being invalid?

I just want the podcasts to be displayed on itunes. :'(

mgdell

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 07:45:20 pm »
The error *shouldn't* cause the itunes listing to stall (but could be the reason).  See this posting for info about the error: http://forum.blubrry.com/index.php/topic,3589.msg9887.html#msg9887

The iTunes store listing and what appears in your feed are two different things.  People that subscribe to your feed in iTunes will get the new episodes as you post them but the listing at iTunes can lag by a few days (or up to a week or so) behind your feed.

-Mike

whozane

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2012, 07:34:14 pm »
Thank you mike. But thats the issue for the past two weeks the files are not being sent to itunes. Do you know what could be the reason for this.

mgdell

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 10:27:17 am »
iTunes sometimes gets "stuck" for lack of a better term.  What happens is there is a temporary error in a podcast feed. It tries 3 or 4 times and then it gets put on the "don't check this too often" list.  As long as your feed is up, working and not too big (less then 512k in size), itunes will ping it sooner or later. I would say that 2 weeks to a month is not uncommon.

There is nothing you can do other then go to itunes and your listing... Then click on "report a concern" and click on "out of date".   In one case it took over 2 weeks of doing that every day before itunes updated the listing.

Remember, your subscribers are getting your newest episodes even though the itunes app on their computer.

-Mike

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2012, 05:04:11 pm »
What is the URL to your podcast listed on iTunes? We can look it up and verify everything.

whozane

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2012, 05:15:06 pm »
Hello, This is the URL esl.culips.com/feed/podcast/

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2012, 09:08:13 am »
I meant the iTunes URL, and I found it: http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/culips-esl-podcast/id279999557

Looking up that iTunes listing it shows the feed is http://feeds.feedburner.jp/EslCulips-iTunes. You will need to contact FeedBurner for help. The URL is currently reporting server not found.